Menu

How about this as a gift for a 95 year old Grandmother?

Night Elf

Mom wants to have our Christmas celebration at her house on the 23rd and she lives with my grandmother so that means I have to bring something for her too. This woman has everything she needs. She wants for absolutely nothing. Every Christmas, birthday, and Mother's Day, both my mom and her sister struggle to come up with gift ideas. She doesn't even like plants and flowers.

Grandma loves cake. I'm thinking of buying her a special small bundt cake from a specialty store and having them wrap in cellophane with a ribbon. Would that be an okay gift? 

• Like 3

The store is called Nothing Bundt Cakes. What I was going to buy her was a bundlet which is a small cake. It's big enough for 4 people to have a small piece if you quarter it. I thought about bringing an 8" cake to her but then she would feel obligated to share and would it really seem like a personal gift? I am planning on bringing apple pie. I didn't want to buy her a small cake and then bring a larger one for the rest of us. That seems silly. I want the cake to be special for just her.

• Like 3

Bundlets are more like large individual servings.  For an older person, maybe three tiny pieces.  They are awesome! They sell them at our local hockey games and they come in a little plastic container so you can eat a few bites and put it back in the fridge. It's a GREAT gift for an elderly person! They freeze super well, too, in case you can't decide on just one flavor. 

The store is called Nothing Bundt Cakes. What I was going to buy her was a bundlet which is a small cake. It's big enough for 4 people to have a small piece if you quarter it. I thought about bringing an 8" cake to her but then she would feel obligated to share and would it really seem like a personal gift? I am planning on bringing apple pie. I didn't want to buy her a small cake and then bring a larger one for the rest of us. That seems silly. I want the cake to be special for just her.

Oh HAPPY DAY! THAT is the new cake store which opened near us. Now that it's Hive recommended, I just MUST go! LOL! It sounds like a lovely gift. Hint, hint if any of my five daughters are reading here...I'll share...perhaps (YEAH, RIGHT). 

Absolutely. We all switched to buying grandma sweets and flowers when she was around 85. She already had more nightgowns then she will ever use. She had already given us most of her jewelry so she could see us enjoying it. What was left?

She is 105 now and she still loves receiving her favorite donuts.

• Like 2