Menu

Gift ideas for Toys for Tots (teens) - non-electronic ideas please

A person whose store is a dropoff place for Toys for Tots says that they need more gifts for teens this year. What are some non-electronic items, besides books, to give to teens? I have given lots of books in the past, but I need some other ideas for ages 13 and up please. Thanks.

Louise

Locking diaries (or does that count as a book?). I asked my as of tomorrow 15 (!!!) year-old teen for her recommendations and she said a Bedazzler - it puts shiny studs etc. in clothes so a teen can dazzle her friends, or a kit to put colorful highlight streaks in the hair or a craft kit to make friendship bracelets. A stroll through the cosmetics section of a Walmart will reveal more items.

My teen boys are asleep so I have to channel them - decent football or basketball, Estes rocket kit (only if a kid has access to a large field to launch the rocket - this is not a city-dweller's toy), Joker action figure (cool Health Ledger one not a little kid toy), swiss army knife (might not be allowed, though),

...heck, boys are hard.

OK - 17-yr-old woke up and said "pocket knife".

Edited by JFSinIL

Here is the Amazon 12-15 group list (ok, some of these are young for "teens", but hey, it's a start).

http://www.amazon.com/toys-games-12-15-years-age/b/ref=ty_nav_hp_age_12_15?ie=UTF8&node=165969011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0X1JV7Z56BT7PW4H0A22&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=462310601&pf_rd_i=165793011

I was thinking board games too. I like the Craft stuff for older kids. Rainbow Resource had some way cool "scratch art" sets that my soon to be 13 year old DD picked out.

Here is the Amazon 12-15 group list (ok, some of these are young for "teens", but hey, it's a start).

http://www.amazon.com/toys-games-12-15-years-age/b/ref=ty_nav_hp_age_12_15?ie=UTF8&node=165969011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0X1JV7Z56BT7PW4H0A22&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=462310601&pf_rd_i=165793011

I was thinking board games too. I like the Craft stuff for older kids. Rainbow Resource had some way cool "scratch art" sets that my soon to be 13 year old DD picked out.

Everyone,

These are all great ideas!

Which board games are not too young for the teen set?

I appreciate your help.

Louise

I didn't think any of the games where young on that list - mainly the toys! (i would have played with my brothers Legos at that age - and did - but not sure on getting one you know?).

Most any on there would probably be great. There is another list on Amazon in the "game" department that does a 12-15 list of them. I keep seeing some i want to get us - but mylist is "done"! LOL!!!

I didn't think any of the games where young on that list - mainly the toys! (i would have played with my brothers Legos at that age - and did - but not sure on getting one you know?).

Most any on there would probably be great. There is another list on Amazon in the "game" department that does a 12-15 list of them. I keep seeing some i want to get us - but mylist is "done"! LOL!!!

Oh, I didn't check the list (no time at this moment) because I will sit and browse and put things in a cart (I'm supposed to be working right now). I going to do it later. I'm glad to know there are games in that list. I just assumed that they were individual toys. Thank you so much.

• 7 months later...
Guest ravensite

You might have seen hemp jewelry that are simple to look though beautiful but inexpensive. You can make the hemp bracelets easily with the addition of few beads, and that looks great. This article will educate you on how to make hemp bracelets.

Making hemp bracelets are simple and real fun. You can do it during a long journey in order to break the boredom. Just learn the basic knots with twine and beads and this would help you to pass the time and personalize your creativity and style. friendship bracelets

http://howtomakehempbracelets.net/

• 4 months later...
Guest JohnnyReynolds

Amazon is a dropoff place for Toys.They also have free shipping.However I heard about AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch†items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.:001_smile:

http://www.amazingwatcher.com

Are you not allowed to donate clothing? Because as a teenage girl that is really what I wanted for Christmas. I was thinking hoodies, sweaters, cozy socks, etc. I would also have wanted scented lotions and shower gels from Bath & Body Works. But since the name is Toys For Tots, I'm assuming they want toys.

Scattegories was one board game that came to mind.

A jewelry-making kit might be a good idea for girls. Or a kit to design your own t-shirt, decorate your own flip-flops, etc.

I would have appreciated a nice stationery kit for writing letters to friends, but I don't know if kids still do that now that e-mail and texting are available. My mom bought me a Monet stationery set when I was a teen that I particularly liked.

I think a nice bag from somewhere like Aeropostale or Target (I'm thinking bright colors and polka dots) with a beautiful journal, some nice pens, and maybe a few lotions and a lip gloss would be nice, but I dont' know. I don't have too many teens in my life right now.

tools

multitool (leatherman knockoff)

crafting tools (pliers, wires,beads)

wallet or billfold

purse

cute hat/glove combos for gals

backpack or courier bag

swim cap or goggles, tennis racket, tennis balls, bball, skateboard bearings

weights, lacrosse stick

bike tube repair kit, multisport helmet

hooded sweatshirts or sweatpants w/high school name (the local bigbox discounter here sells them for all the neighboring school districts)

Guest JohnnyReynolds

I saw the Amazon list contained the following which are hits in our family: Set, Quiddler, and Five Crowns.I buy from Amazon re-sellers all the time. I haven't had any more (or less) problems with them than I've had with any other internet vendors.

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch†items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!:)

Good luck everybody!http://www.amazingwatcher.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnnyReynolds

Card games can be fun. I saw the Amazon list contained the following which are hits in our family: Set, Quiddler, and Five Crowns.Amazon is the cheapest right now.However I heard about http://www.amazingwatcher.com which is a free website that will “watch†items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.:001_smile: