Menu

Has the new Weight Watchers Freestyle been discussed yet?

HSmomof2

Today was my weigh-in day.  Down 1 lb which I'm very happy with as I'm eating all the things I love (in moderation).  And, I have to say, that WW Freestyle has helped me to understand exactly what "moderation" means FOR ME.  With wanting to follow a healthy, Mediterranean-ish diet, I made sure to start using EVOO on the veggies, nuts sprinkled on a salad/in bread/snack/morning oatmeal, wine with meals, etc.  However, that resulted in a 15 lb gain over two years.  

With WW, I can now see the reality of why.  Nuts?  Yes, but NOT every meal.  Wine?  Yes, but not everyday. Homemade Artisan bread?  yes, but not every meal (sadly).  Fruit?  Yes, and everyday!  Fruit has become our go-to "dessert", a lovely, refreshing way to end a meal.

The most important thing in changing one's WOE is to make sure you are changing it to something enjoyable as well as healthy (barring major medical issues).   Because I'm eating what/when I want to eat, I'll be able to cheerfully continue on even as my weight loss slows (which I expect it to do rather quickly--1/2lb/week is more my norm....)

• Like 4