What's with the ads?

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Has the new Weight Watchers Freestyle been discussed yet?

168 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#151 mellifera33

mellifera33

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

Well, I signed up. I admit that I have some misgivings about penalizing healthy fats...on the other hand, eating the way I think I should has me 40 lbs overweight, so what do I know? lol

• Lady Florida., DawnM, EmilyGF and 1 other like this

#152 Callie

Callie

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

I am paying attention to how I feel and I am on the verge of thinking 23 is not enough points for me. It really makes you focus on getting in good fats and proteins though. I ate at Chilis yesterday and had the mango chicken and did double steamed broccoli no rice. I took off 3 points for skipping the rice so I called that a 6 point meal.

Weigh in day is Monday so I guess I will see how it is going .

I get shaky by the time supper rolls around but I don't want to use my points for an afternoon snack. Anyone have a low point snack that will keep energy up and avoid the shakes?

Hungry Girl Scoopable Apple Pie (recipe online)/0% Greek Yogurt = 0 points.

• Scarlett likes this

#153 EmilyGF

EmilyGF

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3046 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

Well, I signed up. I admit that I have some misgivings about penalizing healthy fats...on the other hand, eating the way I think I should has me 40 lbs overweight, so what do I know? lol

This is sort of where I'm at - I think I know a lot about nutrition, but none of my pants were fitting and most of my shirts were too tight. 

Emily

• DawnM likes this

#154 bolt.

bolt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4618 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

It's really important not to thing about things as being 'penalized'. At worst, some of things that might be beneficial are not being particularly promoted -- but nothing is penalized.

Things have a fairly predictable cost in points... if you want them, eat them. Make modifications if you don't believe the same nutrition theories, but not too much.

My example: butter costs slight more than margarine because of the saturated fats. I don't believe them, so I just eat butter and track margarine. (But I don't eat butter and track nothing.)
  • vmsurbat, DawnM, EmilyGF and 1 other like this

#155 Scarlett

Scarlett

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20653 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

It might help if I understood how it all works. Good grief.

What are these fit points? I see it is syncing with my Fitbit but where does the goal of 43 come from? Over what time period? I have 24 of 43. How do I use them?
  • texasmom33 likes this

#156 OH_Homeschooler

OH_Homeschooler

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

It might help if I understood how it all works. Good grief.

What are these fit points? I see it is syncing with my Fitbit but where does the goal of 43 come from? Over what time period? I have 24 of 43. How do I use them?

I think WW just comes up with the Fit Points goal based on their algorithms or something. They are earned based on your weight, the length of your workouts, etc. Or all of that is estimated based on your device sync information (number of steps). On a typical day with no workout I get about 4 fit points, but if I go to the gym and use the elliptical for 45 minutes I get 13-15 per day. The goal you get is the number for the week.

You can edit your goal if you go into your account settings. You can decide not to have a goal at all. WW will also keep an eye on you and suggest upping your goal if you meet it over time. 

You can also choose whether or not to use your fit points, as in use them as additional points to eat (also in account settings). Personally, I like to keep track of the fit points I earn but do not use them. The system for awarding points just seems flaky to me. 

Edited by OH_Homeschooler, 19 January 2018 - 03:38 PM.

• Scarlett likes this

#157 Scarlett

Scarlett

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20653 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

I think WW just comes up with the Fit Points goal based on their algorithms or something. They are earned based on your weight, the length of your workouts, etc. Or all of that is estimated based on your device sync information (number of steps). On a typical day with no workout I get about 4 fit points, but if I go to the gym and use the elliptical for 45 minutes I get 13-15 per day. The goal you get is the number for the week.

You can edit your goal if you go into your account settings. You can decide not to have a goal at all. WW will also keep an eye on you and suggest upping your goal if you meet it over time.

You can also choose whether or not to use your fit points, as in use them as additional points to eat (also in account settings). Personally, I like to keep track of the fit points I earn but do not use them. The system for awarding points just seems flaky to me.

Thank you.
  • OH_Homeschooler likes this

#158 Zinnia

Zinnia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Fit points seem weird to me, too. I get about 14 a day? Just with regular activity, usually including a 30-45 minute walk.
  • Lady Florida. and texasmom33 like this

#159 FriedClams

FriedClams

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5275 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

I don't use or track fit points. I am doing a personal goal of 6500/day this month. Then I'll l add 500/day/month. No rush.

Favorite snack: 1T stevia sweetened pudding mix and about 2/3 cup fat free fage blended together, topped with defrosted frozen blueberries. (1)

Fresh veg and hummus (2-3 depending on how much hummus)

Turkey (0) on a Joseph's pita bread (1)

Fruit and yogurt (dannon no artificial sweeteners) 2 SP

The BAwaffle topped with warmed blueberries and yogurt (5)

Scrambled egg with turkey sausage and veg (1)

Connect has tons of great ideas

I'm down 51.4!

Edited by FriedClams, 19 January 2018 - 06:00 PM.

• Scarlett, Lady Florida., MorningGlory and 1 other like this

#160 Scarlett

Scarlett

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20653 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Fit points seem weird to me, too. I get about 14 a day? Just with regular activity, usually including a 30-45 minute walk.

I have been doing a lot of housework today....now I have 27 fit points. I have 12 daily points left.....going to dinner with the inlaws. Hopefully no one wants Chinese buffet. Ugh. What can I eat there if they do?

I don't use or track fit points. I am doing a personal goal of 6500/day this month. Then I'll l add 500/day/month. No rush.
Favorite snack: 1T stevia sweetened pudding mix and about 2/3 cup fat free fage blended together, topped with defrosted frozen blueberries. (1)
Fresh veg and hummus (2-3 depending on how much hummus)
Turkey (0) on a Joseph's pita bread (1)
Fruit and yogurt (dannon no artificial sweeteners) 2 SP
The BAwaffle topped with warmed blueberries and yogurt (5)
Scrambled egg with turkey sausage and veg (1)
Connect has tons of great ideas
I'm down 51.4!

Thanks for the ideas. 51 pound down is great! My goal is to lose 15 by May 1. I am down one! Lol....

#161 bolt.

bolt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4618 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Plenty of broth, plenty of chicken, anything seafood, plenty of veggies, tofu if you like it.

Not much rice, not much sauce, not much that is deep fried or crispy.

No dessert but fruit, water to drink.

Edited by bolt., 19 January 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#162 MegP

MegP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:18 PM

I make my overnight oats with 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 7/8 teaspoon chia seeds, and about a cup frozen blueberries. I shake everything but the berries, then add the berries and leave it overnight. DELICIOUS. Sweet without being gross. Oh my. 3 SP. I eat it daily.

Thanks for this! I made it for today and it is really good. But according to the WW app,, 1/3 cup old fashioned oats is 3 points, and the 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk is one point, so it is 4 points. Or am I doing something wrong  in the app?  

#163 HSmomof2

HSmomof2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Thanks for this! I made it for today and it is really good. But according to the WW app,, 1/3 cup old fashioned oats is 3 points, and the 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk is one point, so it is 4 points. Or am I doing something wrong in the app?

1/2 c (4 oz) unsweetened almond milk is 0 pts in the app. This sounds good, I’m going to try it tonight.
  • MegP likes this

#164 MegP

MegP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

1/2 c (4 oz) unsweetened almond milk is 0 pts in the app. This sounds good, I’m going to try it tonight.

Thanks! I had accidentally put in a full cup of almond milk into the app.

#165 MegP

MegP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

I make chocolate peanut butter over night oats-mash a banana, put half in the jar, and mix the other half with 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, and 2 T chocolate peanut butter powder. I think it is 5 SP.

#166 mellifera33

mellifera33

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

I had my first meeting today. It is nice to be real with people about food sometimes. I asked about the blue dots and not being able to get a blue dot when eating all weekly points. They didn't really have an answer about that. Oh well. 

• MorningGlory and IfIOnly like this

#167 MorningGlory

MorningGlory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted Today, 08:23 AM

Because I use the website instead of the app to log my daily food, I don't receive (or not receive) blue dots. This is probably a good thing for me since I can be a bit of a perfectionist about some things. I am eating all of my daily points and all of my weekly points and not worrying about fit points at this stage (but still gently upping my exercise levels). I am slowly but steadily losing weight, and I continue to be very happy with plan and the overall controlled freedom that I feel with it. 

I have cut my coffee consumption down from 3 cups a day to 1 cup (most days) in order to cut out my excessive half and half points. I've replaced it with hot tea. My husband gave me a wonderful package of loose leaf hot teas for Christmas, and it has really been a boost for me! I drink it hot with no added sugar or cream. It has become a "feel good" drink for me (whereas coffee with lots of half and half used to be).

#168 DawnM

DawnM

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23041 posts

Posted Today, 09:17 AM

Because I use the website instead of the app to log my daily food, I don't receive (or not receive) blue dots. This is probably a good thing for me since I can be a bit of a perfectionist about some things. I am eating all of my daily points and all of my weekly points and not worrying about fit points at this stage (but still gently upping my exercise levels). I am slowly but steadily losing weight, and I continue to be very happy with plan and the overall controlled freedom that I feel with it. 

I have cut my coffee consumption down from 3 cups a day to 1 cup (most days) in order to cut out my excessive half and half points. I've replaced it with hot tea. My husband gave me a wonderful package of loose leaf hot teas for Christmas, and it has really been a boost for me! I drink it hot with no added sugar or cream. It has become a "feel good" drink for me (whereas coffee with lots of half and half used to be).

I have started doing half of the 1/2 and 1/2 and half vanilla or caramel Premier Protein drink for my creamer.  It isn't exactly the same, but it is better than some of the other options.

#169 DawnM

DawnM

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23041 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

I have not officially joined yet, but I am getting so much free info through research and the FB page.   And I have gotten some foods this weekend to keep me on track.

Last night I made a chicken and veggie dish that I made up and it actually turned out really good and even made a nice sauce to go over rice (for the rest of the family, I had a little rice.)

This am I had a Joseph's pita with tomato sauce, non-fat cheese, turkey pepperoni, and bell peppers for a B-fast pizza.

We are going out for lunch, and my normal at this restaurant has about 90 points! hahaha.  It is a BBQ place and they make their own potato chips (SO GOOD!) and I get it with a side of wings sauce and Blue Cheese to dip in.  Their cornbread is also fantastic.  

I need to go prepared.