Menu

SAT and ACT Testing

DocMom

Colleges who want to see all SAT or ACT scores would ignore middle school scores.

CollegeBoard would delete scores for 8th grade and under unless you ask them to keep. ACT does not automatically delete any scores.

“If you test in the eighth grade or below, your scores are removed from your file at the end of the academic year you tested.†https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/special-circumstances/younger-students

• Like 1

So how does one see the score since under 13 there is no online account? Do you see the score through CTY page?

We call CollegeBoard and ACT for scores on the first day the scores are released. The score reports reach us by mail within 2 to 3 weeks and my kids like to look at the percentiles.

We can see the scores through my kids CTY accounts so sometimes I see their scores the day before results are out, especially for SAT as CollegeBoard tends to send score reports out before the results released date.

• Like 1

We call CollegeBoard and ACT for scores on the first day the scores are released. The score reports reach us by mail within 2 to 3 weeks and my kids like to look at the percentiles.

We can see the scores through my kids CTY accounts so sometimes I see their scores the day before results are out, especially for SAT as CollegeBoard tends to send score reports out before the results released date.

Do you know how long is the window to send scores to colleges for free? I forgot to mark the local CC on the form.

Do you know how long is the window to send scores to colleges for free? I forgot to mark the local CC on the form.

One week after the test date, so before you know the scores. I called because I realized I forgot when I looked at DS11’s SAT admission ticket and it was easy to add CTY to the free score report. The thing is it doesn’t matter if DS11 scores badly and CTY gets the scores though.

For the local CCs, we decide we will just pay if they need a copy from CollegeBoard so that we can use score choice.

“You can still send four free score reports to colleges up to nine days after the test—after that there's a fee for sending score reports, unless you’re eligible for an SAT fee waiver.â€

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/scores/sending-scores/how-to-send

• Like 2

Be aware that in order to send scores to colleges under 13, you have to pay extra for expedited handling since you can’t order them online. We ran into that when DD needed them for the community college last year (they had agreed to accept her based on an unofficial report, but needed the official one for the files). It ended up being about $45 for ONE score report to one college. So, if you’re really likely to need them, consider sending them initially.

Be aware that in order to send scores to colleges under 13, you have to pay extra for expedited handling since you can’t order them online. We ran into that when DD needed them for the community college last year (they had agreed to accept her based on an unofficial report, but needed the official one for the files). It adds about $25 to the fee per school. So, if you’re really likely to need them, consider sending them initially.

Oldest boy just turned 13 and created his CollegeBoard account. His June 2016 SAT scores and June 2017 SAT subject test scores that we requested to be kept are online :). His AP scores are kept by default and we were able to link those to his CollegeBoard account.

For high school name we have to choose not listed - domestic.

Be aware that in order to send scores to colleges under 13, you have to pay extra for expedited handling since you can’t order them online. We ran into that when DD needed them for the community college last year (they had agreed to accept her based on an unofficial report, but needed the official one for the files). It adds about $25 to the fee per school. So, if you’re really likely to need them, consider sending them initially.

:(