Menu

Programs that use booklets like CLE and ACE

Lolainthecola

I was wondering what other programs out there use booklets like CLE Math and ACE do.  We have had great success with CLE Math, and I like the way the info is presented in ACEs (works well for my dyslexic daughter and is a nice science supplement for my son who does CC for the bulk of his schoolwork.)  However, we are Catholic and I am finding more and more in ACE that doesn't fit in with our beliefs.  I was wondering what other programs are out there that use this format so that I could explore other options.

Thanks!

Laurie

Thanks for the replies.  I have looked at the Starline website, but they didn't have any samples, and I really would like to see something before I buy. Anyone know where I could view samples?

Seton, unfortunately, is not booklet based, as far as I know.  I've used and like a lot of their workbooks, but I'm thinking of something using shorter booklets that can be completed more quickly than one workbook used all year.  I think the sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a booklet is a great motivator.  Thanks for the suggestion though!

I did look at Paradigm and I liked it, but it's for 7th grade and up and we are working on 4th grade for both kids.  :(

I appreciate the input!

I don't know the ages of your children, but for late elementary math and above, Key To.... comes in thin booklets. But it is topic based and more for practice, imo. Math Mammoth, the one by subject, also has booklets, but they are pretty thick.

Delta Nutshell series uses manageable booklets, but $$$.

Thanks for the replies.  I have looked at the Starline website, but they didn't have any samples, and I really would like to see something before I buy. Anyone know where I could view samples?

for samples

I'd use a combo of the table of contents on Rainbow Resource Center website, plus the samples on http://www.starlinepress.com/Ordering.html (about half way down the page)

Or this link goes to the sample set of samples (which is not every subject every level, but enough to get the idea of set up when combined with table of contents in the sets on rainbow)

http://www.e-techinc.org/starline-press-book-samples/