Menu

Writers Willing to be Beta Readers (Updated)

Updated 1/25/2018:  I've found more of the volunteer beta readers read here than their PMs. If you haven't sent comments to DD yet, please do so in the next week as she wants to get the book to her grammar nazi editor the first part of February. Thanks!

-------------------------------

DD#2 is looking for beta readers for her latest horse & girl chapter book. If you have a writer (preferably at least 10 & up for this one) who is willing to read her draft and make comments/suggestions on things she needs to work on (description, plot holes, character development), please PM me your email address & the first name of your kid.

If your kid doesn't like to write but loves to read, they are welcome also. (She's found that kids who write understand more of the difficulties of finding-the-right-word, tough plot holes, and preserving the author's voice. But, if you read a lot, you do know what is "missing" or "off" in a story.)

No horse riding knowledge necessary, but if they are familiar with horses & riding terminology, she would love corrections on any of her explanations & terms used.

Warning! There will still be some grammar & punctuation errors as her "grammar nazi" reader doesn't want to look at it until it is finalized from a story perspective. Tentatively, she's planning on having it ready to read by mid-December.

Thanks!

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1

Thank your daughter for using beta readers and an editor.  There are way too many adult writers who refuse to polish their work before publication. (December is always rough for indie published/first time author offerings. So many write a book during NaNoWriMo and think it's immediately ready and can be put up on Amazon as is.)

• Like 1

DD#2 is looking for beta readers for her latest horse & girl chapter book. If you have a writer (preferably at least 10 & up for this one) who is willing to read her draft and make comments/suggestions on things she needs to work on (description, plot holes, character development), please PM me your email address & the first name of your kid.

If your kid doesn't like to write but loves to read, they are welcome also. (She's found that kids who write understand more of the difficulties of finding-the-right-word, tough plot holes, and preserving the author's voice. But, if you read a lot, you do know what is "missing" or "off" in a story.)

No horse riding knowledge necessary, but if they are familiar with horses & riding terminology, she would love corrections on any of her explanations & terms used.

Warning! There will still be some grammar & punctuation errors as her "grammar nazi" reader doesn't want to look at it until it is finalized from a story perspective. Tentatively, she's planning on having it ready to read by mid-December.

Thanks!

PM’d you. My 25yo dd rides pro rodeo. My 11yo dd owns a horse, provides all care, rides, takes lessons, and is in a 4H Equestrian Club. She’s thrilled to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

DD sent out the story via email to all the volunteers tonight. If I quoted you below, I don't have your email. Please PM me with it if you still want your dd's to help.

I’m sure my dd would love to. She’s 12 and a writer and reader!

PM’d you. My 25yo dd rides pro rodeo. My 11yo dd owns a horse, provides all care, rides, takes lessons, and is in a 4H Equestrian Club. She’s thrilled to help!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Updated OP toda:   I've found more of the volunteer beta readers read here than their PMs. If you haven't sent comments via email to DD yet, please do so in the next week as she wants to get the book to her grammar nazi editor the first part of February. Thanks!

If there is anyone else who wants to do this & has freetime this week to read it AND provide feedback by Feb 1st, PM me your email address! Thanks.