Menu

Favorite Kindle Paperwhite educational books for various ages.

homemommy83

What are your favorite books to add for the following levels: lower elementary, upper elementary, middle school, and high school?  I just bought 4 kindles for my dc Christmas and I want to load each of the kids Kindles with some great books listed in the following topics: classic literature, math books, science or history topics. 

Just wondering what your favorites would be to add, as I want to place a variety of topics to each kindle that they would enloy.

6 year old girl is reading early readers/ could read beginner chapter books.

9 year old boy is reading easy chapter books

12 year old girl has read a lot of middle level chapter books.

14 year old son has read just about every book known to me-lol.

I am really excited to add books for each of them- they will feel so special :party: .

Brenda

P.S.  Thank you to all of the ladies who helped me decide to purchase Kindles for the kids instead of buying books that the toddler(s) may decide to eat :drool5:.lol.  I also like that the Kindles keep track of how much they are actually reading, and I can load it with things they want and that I want them not to miss.

What are your favorite books to add for the following levels: lower elementary, upper elementary, middle school, and high school?  I just bought 4 kindles for my dc Christmas and I want to load each of the kids Kindles with some great books listed in the following topics: classic literature, math books, science or history topics. 

Just wondering what your favorites would be to add, as I want to place a variety of topics to each kindle that they would enloy.

6 year old girl is reading early readers/ could read beginner chapter books.

9 year old boy is reading easy chapter books

12 year old girl has read a lot of middle level chapter books.

14 year old son has read just about every book known to me-lol.

I am really excited to add books for each of them- they will feel so special :party: .

Brenda

P.S.  Thank you to all of the ladies who helped me decide to purchase Kindles for the kids instead of buying books that the toddler(s) may decide to eat :drool5:.lol.  I also like that the Kindles keep track of how much they are actually reading, and I can load it with things they want and that I want them not to miss.

My own 6 year old is not as fond of reading on the Kindle because the pictures do not come across as well.  My son did not care at that age.

You can go to the AMazon Kindle Store and choose Children's Books and see what is available:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_154606011_nr_n_3?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A!133141011%2Cn%3A154606011%2Cn%3A155009011&bbn=154606011&ie=UTF8&qid=1511990704&rnid=154606011

(I mostly use Amazon because it is so easy to send a book to a particular kIndle!  You need to give the Kindles individual names first.

Go to Account & Lists (on a desktop computer)

Click "Your Content and Devices"

Then you can do either of two things

1. Go to the book you want to send to a particular device (use the Search Your Content on the right hand side of the page, if necessary)

Click on the three dots under action

Choose Deliver and Others then select the devices you want it to be delivered to.

2. Click the select button next to all the books you want to send to a particular Kindle

Click the gold Deliver button at the top of the page

Choose the devices you want that set of books sent to.

The next time that device is connected to the net, it will download the books waiting for it.

Then go onto the Kindles and connect them to the net while the books download and unconnect from the net if you do not want them to have all the time access.

(The battery on kindles last longer if you keep them in airplane mode when not actively downloading books.)

It is possible to upload books in other formats (maybe after converting them first?). But it will be a different process.

Baen offers the digital version of the first book of a lot of their series free. Look here:

http://www.baen.com/categories/free-library.html

Project Gutenberg also offers a bunch of free books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/

(And note some of the paid books on Amazon are people who grabbed the book from Project Gutenberg, added value by cleaning it up to make it more Kindle friendly and then offered it for sale.)

• Like 1

My own 6 year old is not as fond of reading on the Kindle because the pictures do not come across as well.  My son did not care at that age.

You can go to the AMazon Kindle Store and choose Children's Books and see what is available:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_154606011_nr_n_3?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A!133141011%2Cn%3A154606011%2Cn%3A155009011&bbn=154606011&ie=UTF8&qid=1511990704&rnid=154606011

(I mostly use Amazon because it is so easy to send a book to a particular kIndle!  You need to give the Kindles individual names first.

Go to Account & Lists (on a desktop computer)

Click "Your Content and Devices"

Then you can do either of two things

1. Go to the book you want to send to a particular device (use the Search Your Content on the right hand side of the page, if necessary)

Click on the three dots under action

Choose Deliver and Others then select the devices you want it to be delivered to.

2. Click the select button next to all the books you want to send to a particular Kindle

Click the gold Deliver button at the top of the page

Choose the devices you want that set of books sent to.

The next time that device is connected to the net, it will download the books waiting for it.

Then go onto the Kindles and connect them to the net while the books download and unconnect from the net if you do not want them to have all the time access.

(The battery on kindles last longer if you keep them in airplane mode when not actively downloading books.)

It is possible to upload books in other formats (maybe after converting them first?). But it will be a different process.

Baen offers the digital version of the first book of a lot of their series free. Look here:

http://www.baen.com/categories/free-library.html

Project Gutenberg also offers a bunch of free books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/

(And note some of the paid books on Amazon are people who grabbed the book from Project Gutenberg, added value by cleaning it up to make it more Kindle friendly and then offered it for sale.)

Thank you so much for the downloading information!  I have always just bought books straight from Amazon for the Fires.  I am so excited for the kids, the Kindles will be here on Tuesday!  I plan to pick one child each night after they are in bed and set them up.