Menu

SOTW Kindle Version?

kmcall

I just bought the Kindle version of SOTW Volume 1 through the WTM website and I must be missing something because I can't figure out how to actually get it on our Kindles.   Right now the only thing I've been able to do is read it to one kindle at a time by going to my account on WTM and downloading it.  But every time it gets closed, it's gone from the Kindle.  It doesn't show up anywhere, not even in the downloads area. Will I be able to add this book to my Amazon account somehow so that it is accessible to both my children on their Kindles?  If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

The easiest way, if it's a .mobi file and not an .azw file, is to email it as an attachment to your Kindle. Every Kindle has an @kindle.com email address that you can use to send .mobi files directly to your kindle. All you have to do is attach the ebook to an otherwise blank email and send it to your kindle's email address. Turn off airplane mode on your Kindle and it'll download just like an ebook from Amazon.

If it's an .azw or .epub file, download an ebook management program like Calibre and use it to convert the file to .mobi. Calibre also lets you email to your Kindle from within the program, which is nice.