Menu

Thankfulness

homemommy83

What is something that you are thankful for, but doesn't get mentioned a lot? I am very thankful for God in my life, my husband by my side, and my children around my feet. I am also thankful for life, and being able to be able to spend with my family and friends.

I am thankful for these forums, so I don't feel so alone in my perspective of loving and educating the children that I have been blessed with. I am thankful that the Lord miraculously makes a way for me to be home and focus on raising our children. I am thankful for health within our home this season.

Brenda

• Like 5

I am super thankful for my stay at home role. I'd be miserable if I had to leave my kids. It feels overwhelming at times, but I truly am thankful. I am also thankful my dh gets my job is hard af. He never comes home and wonders what I've done all day. He isn't super helpful, but he is super understanding forgiving.

• Like 2

I am thankful for God in my life, my incredible DH who offers me so much grace in life and so much love, and my 5 blessing children that will all be here today. My ability to stay home and homeschool as an option. Our wonderful insurance since I know I should not take that for granted. Our friends who are genuine, intelligent, dedicated and who have traveled with us through good and bad times. For our reliable cars since at one point in our lives we struggled financially and our cars breaking down was a daily fear. For our extended families who, while they are far from perfect and sometimes infuriatingly ignorant, love us and are there for us whenever we need them.

• Like 2

I am also glad for God and His Grace. My DH and daughter whom I love very much. For finding a church that cares about the people outside the church as well as its members.

I am thankful and am blessed to have born in America. I was always curious what life would been like being born somewhere else... and an only child.

Anybody been to Greece? Sorry off topic.

• Like 1

Non-obvious stuff that I've been thinking about this week and am thankful for:

1.  I ran across some documentation from some VERY hard times recently, that took place about 7-8 years ago, that I hadn't thought about in a long time.  And I'm grateful to be able to see how that bad experience period has helped me to do other things better since then.  I know that God always works for good even in horrible things, and so it's nice to have actually been able to see some of the good from that stuff.

2.  I've been blessed to get to know and benefit from some alternative medicine folks in the last few years, and their work has made a noticeable improvement in my overall health.  They each focus on wellness rather than on recovering from disease, and that has been tremendous.  The specific specialties are two acupuncturists, a naturopath, a directional nonforce chiropractor, and an Alexander teacher.

• Like 2

This seems trivial, but it's not.  Dh is very sensitive to hypoglycemia, and it is difficult to work and get food served early enough for him.  I'm so grateful for my InstantPots, as I'm able to cook everything for the week in one day.  I come home, crank out a couple of veggie sides, and then heat what was prepared on Saturday.  It's a game changer, and I'm so grateful.

I'm also grateful for the new son and daughter marrying into the family this year and next, and to the two sets of parents that raised them with so much love. Joy of joys!

• Like 2

I am also thankful that we still have my husband. He had emergency surgery earlier this year that was life threatening. It hard to believe it's almost been a year.

Also that God has provided for our needs during that time and that are bills were met while he was recovering for most of this year.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 4