Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  24 hours until Thanksgiving and 48 hours until we leave for vacation so it is really getting down to the wire of things I must do.  I hope I can find the motivation.

-coffee

-try on all crusie clothes (I gained 3 lbs and it is just enough to change everything  :cursing: )

-go to the mall if necessary NOPE

-if at all possible try to get 1-2 hours of sun today (looks overcast)  NOT HAPPENING

-library (send DH)

-Publix (send DH, no way am I braving the store today)

-laundry (at least 5 loads is the goal today)  DONE:  0

-workout (glutes and abs, aka butts and guts) - NOT HAPPENING

-make French silk pie for Thanksgiving

-parbroil green beans for Thanksgiving

-make stuffing

-clean oven (auto cleaner broken grrrrrr) - NO WAY

-unwrap turkey and clean it and prep it for tomorrow (is there any worse job than this??? )

-work on paper due Monday with DS16 (ok this may be worse than sticking one's hand up a turkey's butt) - There are no words......

-get dining room table set for Thanksgiving

-eyelash and hair appointment at 5:30

-dinner (maybe take out, maybe leftover ham from the other night)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Make pies
Pick up turkey
Pick up milk and bagels
Have kids help with housework
Get out china, silver and table linens
Quick grocery stop
Sip and See
Watch a video movie with kids

1 pie in the oven! Later start here today than I had hoped...

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

It was an early wake up this morning. Dh got up at 4, then came back upstairs and said that one of the cats *might* have snuck out the door when he was letting the dogs out (it was dark, he was still half asleep, and he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye). Well, that woke me up in a hurry...my cats are never ever allowed outside because we have so many coyotes and other predators roaming around - and also, it was only 10*. So I sprinted downstairs and ran through the whole house counting cats - and they were all in the house, thankfully. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep after that excitement... :glare:

•school w/dd (ds17 is taking the rest of the week off from school and I tried to talk dd into doing so, but she is a bit behind and wants to get some work done today)

•ds17 & I will run some errands

•bank, post office, get gas

•go grocery shopping (should be fun, right?)

•pick up gifts for our mail lady and the friend who cuts my hair

•make a few things ahead of time for Thanksgiving

•dinner: not sure yet - maybe butternut squash soup and salad - or maybe Buddha bowls

•watch hockey tonight

•watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with ds19 (the rest of us watched it last night and ds was disappointed that he missed it, so I told him I'd watch it with him tonight  :) )

• Like 4

Good Morning!

- pick up fancy treats at the store 

- doctor's appt

- do some pick up on stuff I have piled around

- wrap some Christmas presents

- check on Target online (maybe) for some things I haven't gotten yet

- try to finish some projects

- look for a new position

Oh, and I need to email my school department's admin to find out about my travel thing for a conference. He's probably out, but it's one of those "Bob told Susie about the potatoes, but didn't tell Tommy about the potatoes, and Tommy is the only one who can do anything with the potatoes" so I've got to start the email trail. 

• Like 4

Good morning! 24 hours until Thanksgiving and 48 hours until we leave for vacation so it is really getting down to the wire of things I must do. I hope I can find the motivation.

-coffee

-try on all crusie clothes (I gained 3 lbs and it is just enough to change everything :cursing: )

-go to the mall if necessary

-if at all possible try to get 1-2 hours of sun today (looks overcast)

-library (send DH)

-Publix (send DH, no way am I braving the store today)

-laundry (at least 5 loads is the goal today) DONE: 0

-workout (glutes and abs, aka butts and guts)

-make French silk pie for Thanksgiving

-parbroil green beans for Thanksgiving

-make stuffing

-clean oven (auto cleaner broken grrrrrr)

-unwrap turkey and clean it and prep it for tomorrow (is there any worse job than this??? )

-work on paper due Monday with DS16 (ok this may be worse than sticking one's hand up a turkey's butt)

-get dining room table set for Thanksgiving

-eyelash and hair appointment at 5:30

-dinner (maybe take out, maybe leftover ham from the other night)

Just reading this makes me tired.

• Like 3

More Thanksgiving prep.

Yesterday, I picked up fresh killed turkey at poultry farm shop. The police were there with flashing lights, directing traffic. Cones were set up in the middle of the road to prevent turns across the traffic. Employees in the parking lot with walkie talkies. I knew it would be crowded, but didn't expect that.

Today, frost sweet potato cake, bake cranberry upside down cake, and make two pies -- apple and pumpkin.

Take Brussels sprouts off their stalk because they are taking up too much room in refrigerator.

• Like 4

I am cooking most of the Thanksgiving food this year because mil is under a lot of stress taking care of fil. So, my Wednesday will be filled with preparations.

Coffee

Wash soup pot

Boil and debone chicken

Make cornbread and mix up dressing

Cook carrot cake

Boil sweet potatoes

Make gravy.

Finish cleaning in bedroom

Vacuum living room

Sweep and mop kitchen

Hope everyone has a productive day!!

• Like 4

My kids have the day off school today, so I slept in.

Took out the garbage.

Started work.

Need to tell the kids what they are responsible for today.  Getting their own meals, practicing their instruments, a few chores.

If I get around to it, I have some laundry to finish.

1 kid has horse riding.

Other kid has tutoring and then gymnastics.

Other than that, mostly work work work.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

Appointment done, had to get a lab draw, got gas, got treats, had lunch. Not in that order.

Haven't done much else, lol.

Having a bit of a rest now-- being able to use the one crutch with some partial weight bearing is sooo much better but it's still hard. 

It's been an okay day.

• Like 3

Pink and Green,  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: .

Got my list done, except for getting the dishes for tomorrow out. They are easy to reach and I am only serving 5 people, so not a big deal.

Waiting for dh to get out of the kitchen so I can get in there to make my supper. 

• Like 3