Menu

What are you asking for/hoping to get for Christmas? Trying to prime my pump for ideas of what to ask for lol.

HappyGrace

I’m pretty active, so asking for Under Armour compression sleeves so far. Just got an iPad for my birthday and got a case and keyboard already.

Trying to think of other ideas-I’d love to hear what everyone else is asking for! Cool kitchen gadgets? Favorite “toys�

Very very grateful for all that I do have!

• Like 1

I want a fountain pen.  Dh gets me a lovely book every year so I have that to look forward to.

To be honest, I feel very content with my life right now.  I feel like I have everything I want and all of my needs met, and for the first time ever.  That is the best Christmas present I could have. ^_^

• Like 2

The only thing I can think of is a series by Nora Roberts for my Kindle. I read one of the books a long time ago, but it keeps popping in to my mind, so I’d like to re-read that one along with the others in the series, so it’d make a good gift. Beyond that, I will be saving to attend a conference in March and don’t really want or need any more stuff, so won’t be asking for much.

No clue at all -- and DH is going to get annoyed with me, again, because this is how it goes every year. 

I'm up-to-date on all of my books, so he can't go with a "real" book; he already bought me an e-reader for the books I have to have right then and don't want to drive to the bookstore for, and I just recently purchased new clothes. I don't have any other actual hobbies, outside of reading, and have no desire to pick any up as I'm busy enough right now. I don't care for sweets or jewelry, I'm not particularly fond of cooking -- and he has a serious kitchen gadget addiction, so I want NO new gadgets in our kitchen (the counters are already too crowded with mixers and air fryers, etc.).

At the end of the day, there isn't anything I want or need right now. That's not a bad place to be in, really -- I'm happy with what I already have. Besides, I do sincerely enjoy surprises.

He always rolls his eyes and says "No" when I tell him I want generic gift cards. He knows (and rightfully so) that I will use them to buy curriculum that I just want to own -- even though we don't actually need more curriculum :p Because... curriculum junkie. 

Edited by AimeeM
  • Like 1

I really want to fix the bumper on my car. It's just a little Chevy Spark that I bought used a year ago, but it's one of the very few things in my life that is just for me. Somehow, it ended up with some minor bumps and chipped paint on the rear bumper, and it bothers me every time I look at it.

I would also love a prepaid card to the car wash place. I'm perfectly capable of washing the outside of the car, but it feels like a wonderful luxury to have someone else vacuum and wipe down the interior.

Normally, books or gift cards to buy books are my fallback suggestion, but I now work in a library.

So, car stuff is about it.

I want my wedding ring resized and the tongs around the diamond fixed.

I may need a new laptop.  Mine is having some major issues (shutting itself off while I am using it, etc...).  I had hoped to have it last for a while, but it isn't looking good.  It is an early 2009 Macbook Pro, and I want to replace it with one just like it, but newer.  They are pricey.

I had a hard time thinking of things this year. I feel like I have so much already. But, funny enough, I was able to come up with a list anyway.

oven mitts (one of mine has a hole in it - ouch), pretty gardening gloves (I hate gardening and don't have gloves, maybe pretty gloves will change my attitude), a scarf to go with a periwinkle blue coat (found a J Crew peacoat at a second hand store - it's beautiful, but all my scarves are black or grey), warm running hat, Moleskin notebook, scrunchies for my hair, books.

Edited by Sarah CB

Usually, I have no clue but this year I have all sorts of ideas. Most of these are total pipe dreams but Dh will probably get me the perfume and the shelf. MiL is great for shopping for home stuff and will probably get me an ottoman and throw (and who knows what else). Bookshelves and rugs will likely wait until income tax returns. I usually get a bit of cash from my parents and am undecided on what to spend it on.

Pacifica Perfume- I got some last year and have gone through them- I usually hate perfume but these are light enough they don't bother me

rug or entertainment center for the living room (very not likely)

fuzzy throws for living room

rug for the dining table

funky ottoman 

shelf for the bathroom for towels(I did see one that would perfectly fit on sale for Black Friday)

family pictures printing (I've got them done but haven't printed them)

climbing rope and/or monkey bars

a wall of bookshelves for the basement

New barn/hiking boots.  Mine have finally worn out.  I know I'll get them because I'm going to buy them myself.  ;)

Hubby and I do not exchange gifts with each other.  We discuss things together and decide what we're going to get based upon needs (or wants).

Too often with surprises money is wasted buying what someone doesn't really want.  Between us, we don't care to waste a dime as we save our $$ for things we want.

• Like 4

I have asked for noise cancelling headphones, some cardigans, snow boots, an anti-fatigue mat for in front of the sink, socks, tech gloves, a griddle with waffle plates, and a book or 2. My in-laws are gift givers so they tend to do multiple gifts. Dh also buys a few gifts.