Menu

Love Conceptual Physics -Need Chemistry Text

pinewarbler

My DD is using Conceptual Physics from the library as a supplemental to her gr. 10 courses. She loves it; had to buy a copy  :001_smile: Concise explanations, clearly outline of knowledge required, review pages with illustrations.

Now we need a Chemistry text that is THAT GOOD for grades 10-12 level... doesn't have to cover all those years, but I'm giving a range. Hope someone can help!

I have used both Conceptual Chemistry and Zumdahl's World of Chemistry.  I prefer Zumdahl, but you may want to give Conceptual Chemistry a look.  Also, I think that the WTM Academy uses Conceptual Chemistry, if you're wanting an online class.

• 3 weeks later...

Zumdahl is AP/college-level (it's what my college intro class used back in the day) and a 10th grader may or may not have the math for it.

World of Chemistry is high school level.  But it is strikingly similar (I've compared them page by page) to Introductory Chemistry: A Foundation, which is marketed to colleges as an introductory/preparatory text.

• Like 1