Menu

Happypamama

displace

â¤ï¸ Thank you so much! This is a hard season. In addition to the usual difficulty of celebrating the holidays without our son, it was a couple of days before Thanksgiving that we got the first ultrasound done. We had anticipated celebrating the day by being thankful for another brother or sister, but instead, we didn’t know that information and were worried (and trying to shield that worry from the other children) about what the report said because it wasn’t good. A lot of days where we will be acutely aware of “this is what we were doing last year†are coming. If it weren’t for our other children, I’d want to skip the holidays completely. We have declined any large family gatherings for TG and Christmas because I just don’t feel up to it. In addition, we found out the other day that some friends’ child (who is a good friend of our children) is very sick with an uncertain prognosis; my children are understandably shocked and sad, and we are heartbroken for them. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. The Hive can’t possibly know how much you have buoyed us up over the past year, but truly, the love of our community, including online, has helped us put one foot in front of the other in these hard days.

• Like 11