Menu

SAT Scores Available Today! (and a brag)

I am so happy! My ds who took his first SAT II test last year (Bio) scored in the high 600's and was unsatisfied he didn't score higher, at least breaking 700.

Fast forward - he took the Bio test again in Nov after studying for it for 2 months, every weekend (despite heavy courseload of AP Chem etc).... and HE SCORED 70 POINTS HIGHER!!

I am so proud of him!!! Thanks for letting me gloat. :-)

**So if you're considering whether to retake an SAT II test or not, that's my success story! 

Edited by mirabillis
  • Like 29

Thanks ladies who posted - and all those others who 'liked' my post. I struggled with whether we should bother 'retaking' an SAT II especially when we're past Biology and into Chemistry now... but all's well that ends well. 

He studied for it last June too (but obviously not as efficiently), but I think he's learned so much in the way of study skills, I think there's a huge learning curve in how to study for these standardized subject tests/AP exams, etc...

• Like 3

Well retaking it was a plus all-around. :-))

Start with a thorough Biology class (yay for WTMA Bio!) Then he read through Princeton & Barrons. Combined like chapters, and read 1 chapter in each each Sat/Sun, for a total of 4-5 chapters a weekend. That lasted for about 7 weeks. He read diagnostic Qs at the end of each of the prep book chapters and took the Sparknotes questions if they had it for that chapter. Then the final weekend/week, he took all the practice tests. I think that was 5 total in PR/Barrons, then 2 more in the College Board SAT Subject test book. 

• Like 7