Menu

itchy skin?

HollyDay

I actually went to my doctor this week for itching.  I thought it might be hives or allergic reaction or some such.  He said he thinks it is weather change and the fact that I'm 3+ years post menopause.  Okay, I can buy that.  But what can I do about it?  He suggested the usual, warm not hot showers, moisturizers, etc.   My eye doc has already recommended 2 eye drops for the dry itchy eyes.  Given that the dry itchies are spread out, I'm thinking I need something systemic...maybe an oil supplement?

What are some good products for "mature" skin going into winter months?

What are some good oil supplements?

• Like 1

My allergist recommends the Cerave products. Cream, not lotion. I have dry skin and winter eczema, and the Cerave after showers helps a lot.

I’m also curious about the product that I keep seeing in commercials, Eucrisa. It’s a non-steroidal product for eczema. I see my doctor soon for other things and am going to ask her about that for flareups. I can handle the dryness and even when the skin cracks a bit, but I want to ask if there’s something that will calm down the sometimes extremely intense itching.

i'm using Cerave products for my face.  I need something for my body....I will stop and get some Cerave body lotion today when I run errands.  Krill oil sounds interesting too. 

Shampoo suggestions?  I think hairspray is part of my problem with my head.  When the weather changed and static cling became a BIG issue (never been a big problem for me before this season), I started using hairspray.  I've never been a big hairspray user...maybe a few times a year.  But,the static was so bad, I started using it regularly.