Menu

Something you (your kids) need gift idea

meganrussell

So I'm going with the 4 gift guideline - something to wear something to read something you want something you need.

But I can't think of anything my kids need. I was thinking a small bag with toothbrushes, soaps, etc. But what else could go in there? Any other ideas?

I have a 15 dd, 12 ds, 9 dd, 7 ds, 5 ds

Well, it really depends on what they need... New shoes, clothes, book bags, beds, desks, pens, hats... What would you have to buy them anyway because they need it (quite possibly they don't all have the same need though). If there is nothing like that you could stretch it to something like new headphones.

Obviously, there is no need to stick with the guideline but if you wanted to I would look for something that is really a need and less a want.

I just bought them all new (name brand) sneakers and good boots. I don't want to do clothes because of "something you wear". My mom is getting them each a bedding set. I'm thinking maybe a new sports bag for baseball/softball season? They won't need it until March/April, but they are all playing ball (some at school some in summer league).

Well in this house we always need underwear and socks. These are a given every Christmas!

(I think it's okay, and maybe even necessary most years, for the categories to overlap. A "need" might also be a "wear" IYKWIM. I think the rhyme is more for the buyer. It's not like the kids are going to open the gifts and categorize it. Although now that I type that, I do have one kid who I can totally see saying, "Hey, Ma, are these socks my WEAR or my NEED?!" and truly needing to know. Sigh.)

• Like 1

Is there a hobby for which they need supplies? (my kids often "need" gear for scouts or new martial arts pads or boxing wraps... )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For my DD who is the crafty one, something she needs (and for her, this is a real need) is always glue sticks for the glue gun and acrylic paint.  She is always, always running out of those items.

Aside from that, due to their ability to always lose one mitten, my kids always need an extra set of good mitts by the time Christmas rolls around (although that duplicates the something to wear I realize).

They also need new skates for this year, but that might be a bit on the large side (And perhaps you don't live somewhere where skating is a thing).

I just bought them all new (name brand) sneakers and good boots. I don't want to do clothes because of "something you wear". My mom is getting them each a bedding set. I'm thinking maybe a new sports bag for baseball/softball season? They won't need it until March/April, but they are all playing ball (some at school some in summer league).

And there goes my best idea.  Sorry.

• Like 1