Menu

Black Friday Deals?

theelfqueen

toys r us has a bunch on sale this week although I don't know how much is still in stock since they are running it all week.  But we did really well when I ordered Monday night.

Check TRU's prices versus the Lego.com prices. They have a tendency to mark up their Lego prices on some sets.

• Like 2

Check TRU's prices versus the Lego.com prices. They have a tendency to mark up their Lego prices on some sets.

yep they do, but these were genuine sale prices.  My DS is the human computer when it comes to not only every set he and his siblings own but how much they cost.  He guided me all the way so I knew which were a good deal and which weren't.

• Like 4

yep they do, but these were genuine sale prices.  My DS is the human computer when it comes to not only every set he and his siblings own but how much they cost.  He guided me all the way so I knew which were a good deal and which weren't.

ha! Yes, I have two boys that know what is a good price for nearly every LEGO set also!

• Like 1

So far, in the pre-sales I've gotten some gifts for my daughter. I got a plush bathrobe from CVS, reg $19.99 for $9.99 (similar one she really liked at Target is $30), and a pair of plaid flannel pj bottoms and a bunch of funky socks at Old Navy (they have 50% off total purchase today, with a few exceptions like the stuff up by the register, gift cards, etc). The socks were normally 3 pair sets for $5 and 5 pair sets for $10, so half price was pretty good and they are least half cotton rather than all polyester like so many novelty socks. She loves to wear mismatched fun socks and I've said I ought to do a sock Advent calendar for her this year, since she doesn't like to eat much chocolate, so with this I can actually do it. They had many more patterns in-store than online. I haven't decided yet whether she gets a matching pair or a mismatched pair each day. I even found a set of Halloween ones to hold back for a college care package next October.

• Like 3

Seen any deals on this yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went on pre-Black Friday sale at Walmart today. I got the 8qt for $109. 6 qt is $79.

eta: just checked the box. it is 6-1. My first pot. did not know there was another type.

Edited by gstharr
  • Like 1

Went on pre-Black Friday sale at Walmart today. I got the 8qt for $109. 6 qt is $79.

eta: just checked the box. it is 6-1. My first pot. did not know there was another type.

I was looking for a Duo although I am not sure I will use the other features.  I am honestly not sure if would ever care if I couldn't make yogurt in it, but I guess I will keep trying and hope for a good price on the Duo.

Amazon's book deal is live! Save $5 off of a $20 book purchase with promo code GIFTBOOK17.

T&C: 
1. Enter promo code GIFTBOOK17 at checkout to qualify.
2. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 26, 2017.
3. Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fullfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible."
4. Offer does not apply to digital content.
5. Offer good while supplies last.
6. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
7. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
8. Offer limited to one per customer and account.
9. Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
10. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
11. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
12. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
14. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
16. Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

• Like 6

This has been a strange year sales wise. Every year I get all my staff, and service people the same gift--something around $30 or so.  I usually start looking for something around September.  I avoid the predictable gift card or wine bottle. This year no keen  item, no great discount. I'm still looking.

This has been a strange year sales wise. Every year I get all my staff, and service people the same gift--something around $30 or so. I usually start looking for something around September. I avoid the predictable gift card or wine bottle. This year no keen item, no great discount. I'm still looking.

Maybe a Google home mini? They'll be $29 lots of places tomorrow.

• Like 2

Ds14 just made his first Black Friday purchase and ordered the $369 HP laptop from Staples. (Staples opens at 7AM tomorrow, but you can order online today and pick up tomorrow. He got the last of 2 laptops in our store so I don't know what in-person shoppers are going to be able to buy tomorrow!) He has been saving for years, so hopefully he's happy with this! 

Not exactly BF deals, but Land's End has 40% off everything including sale items and 50% off sleepwear. I got a Stormer jacket for Trinqueta for $19 and a packable Navigator rain jacket for $12. Those will be great for rowing and sailing and if they fall in the water I won't be upset. There must be a sandbar of lost jackets, sunglasses and water bottles at sailing camp.

I also got a HP Stream 14 inch laptop with Office 365 included for a year for $200 at Amazon. I missed the Walmart BF deal at $180 but it's still a very good deal because the Office subscription runs $70 and word/ppt are required formats for her schoolwork.

I went out to CVS and grabbed all the freebies this morning. Easy run.

I'm debating Walmart. I'd like some of the cheap movies, the rubbermaid storage set, and the towels. But really not sure if it's worth fighting the crowds tbh.

My friend and I went to Walmart one black friday, not to shop but just to see what it was like. It truly was an experience. We had coffee, no kids, and all the time in the world. We had some wonderful conversations with people happy to be getting a deal but not frantic about it. We also witnessed some nasty behavior and lot of impatience. I don't think I could handle those crowds without accepting that I'd be there for a long time and having an easy-going person there with me to enjoy the time with.

• Like 1

Target

Spend $50 get a 20% email coupon
Your $50 purchase must be made in a single transaction on 11/24/17 starting at midnight PST until 11:59pm PST. Qualifying online guests will receive coupon via email on 11/25/17. Target reserves the right to cancel coupon if the online order is cancelled. The $50 qualifying purchase will be calculated after all other discounts are applied. Limit one 20% off coupon per guest. Your coupon will be redeemable Nov. 28 - Dec.10, 2017 for one shopping trip in Target stores or on Target.com. Some exclusions apply.

• Like 1

I am looking for an 8 quart instant pot. Unfortunately it sounds like I missed a kohl's sale and now they are out of stock of it online.

It is $82 on amazon right now

Edited to add: I just saw that you know about today’s price! When I started reading the topic on the first page I replied before continuing reading so that you’d get to the sale quick! I missed out on yesterday’s 6 Qt price of $69 because I couldn’t make up my mind in time. It was sold out by the time I decided to buy it.

Edited by UmMusa
  • Like 1

I really wish I could justify buying it because the size would work better for our family but the 6 qt is good enough for now.

I am in the same boat - though we often eat the entire meal made in the 6-qt when I really wanted to have leftovers... but still can't quite justify it just yet. Plus, I don't have counter space for another one. 

• Like 1