Menu

Does AOPS ever go on sale?

Spring Flower

I've only been able to get a "discount" by buying used. The one time I did this, however, the package was opened at a USPS facility in Des Moines and the tracking info & my address was stuck on a free tote being sent as a thank you for a donation someone else made. (I can't prove that this is what happened, but based on the tracking info and other details, it was the most obvious situation.) USPS promised to investigate, refunded the shipping money (and the amount of the insurance, I think) to the shipper, I got my money back, and ended up with no books.  :crying:

Apparently, even through packaging, corrupt USPS employees know a good deal when they see one.  :cursing:

Anyway,  :driving: . No other discounts that I've seen. AOPS knows they are worth full price!

Horrible Ray does discounts if you can find him at a conference, but he doesn't do many.

I buy my AOPS books from Horrible Ray too. He gives free shipping and no taxes and his prices are one of the best on the internet. So, check his price list on his website.

For PA amazon is cheapest. I ended up buying from AOPS though so I could get the online version too at a big discount. Maybe you could do that then resell the physical book and keep the online?

I did get a really good used copy of intro number theory locally (NZ) which I bought just in case while it was there.

Edited by kiwik