Menu

Anything like Lightning Lit for Ancient

I'm looking for something like LL to use along with our study of ancient history.  I'd like something already put together that isn't busywork and includes critical thinking and  literary elements. I like how LL includes novels, short stories and poems.

Is there anything out there like this that would pair nicely while studying ancient history?

Argh! The computer just ate my very detailed post! To recap quickly, all but the Garlic Press guide are Christian:

- Garlic Press Discovering Literature guide to The Odyssey (very meaty -- I highly recommend it!)

- Greenleaf Guide to Ancient Literature

(Biblical books of Daniel, Genesis; Gilgamesh, Odyssey, the 3 plays of the Oedipus cycle

- Roman Roads -- classical studies in History, Lit., Logic, etc. -- but it looks like you can order and use the Lit. separately:

Greeks = Illiad, Odyssey, Herodotus' history, philosophical writings of Plato and Aristotle

Romans = Aeneid, historians, Early Church fathers, Nicene Christianity, Augustine 

- Memoria Press has classical materials -- I believe it is a history & lit. combined program

SMARR Publishers had a 1-year Ancient Lit. program, but they seem to have gone out of business.