Menu

The Getting My Act Together Teachers Lounge 11-14-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Hola, amigas and amigos!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I NEED to get my act together - for the day, the week, the rest of the year.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will actually HAPPEN, however! LOL

How do YOU need to get your act together? Here: I've decided I could probably really benefit by being up, breakfasted (and coffee-d), and dressed by 0900 each morning. That may take a bit of a transition period to actually make it happen, though!

Who's trying to make a decision that they are having difficulty making? Here: me!  :seeya:  Need to decide whether or not to give up on a certain pursuit - the pursuit is not a bad thing but I'm just not sure it's what I personally should be focusing on. Maybe I just need to change focus.

Who else wants a personal chef? Here: ME! In fact, about 3 years ago, I was honestly looking into hiring one. And then dh's job, and income, changed so that idea got thrown out the window. I could really benefit from one, though!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 3

I really need to get act together. I have been getting better but getting moving in the morning is the hardest thing and it really hampers how much I'm able to accomplish.

No decisions need to be made here aside from paint colors for the house. I'm just hoping someone else will pick them. Dh and I have to sit down tonight and make a plan for the rest of the house projects so we can have a better idea.of when the house will go on the market.

I'd love a personal chef but that will never be in the budget unless something changes drastically. Either a chef or a weekly cleaner would change my life considerably and I'd be able to make some huge progress with all the things needing to be done.

Anyway, time to get the day started

• Like 3

Get my act together: Mostly I just need to clean out my parents' room.  I've been avoiding doing it for a long time.  But they close on their house in less than 2 weeks and will be here 2-3 weeks after that so we have to be ready for them soon.  I got the shelves in the craft room all cleaned and ready over the last few days.  But now I've got to get to their giant room, giant bathroom, and giant closet (their master suite is literally a third of our house).

Make a decision: Nope, not me.

Personal chef: That would be fabulous!

• Like 2

My life. Needs to get together. Please. Send help. 

This week isn't the week to do anything, though, I just have to try and endure. (when is it ever really the right time, though, kwim?) By Saturday everything should be over and I'll be able to focus on holidays and getting set up and taking these kids to task. 

Would love a personal chef and I think that will be our first luxury once we win the lottery, lol. I say this as I am listening to kids argue about who got more oatmeal and my DH grousing about dishes. So only the chef if they wash their own dishes, or come with a washer. 

• Like 2

I am already getting my act together thanks to 2nd trimester energy. I'm up and going at 4 am every morning and I'm getting the house back in order. I do need to watch what I'm eating more and exercise more.

Not much decision making going on around here.

I would love a personal chef, but would love a professional organizer and decorator more. I would also love a house cleaner, but really not to practical because the actual cleaning is easy, it's the picking up and putting away everyone's bs that consumes my time.

• Like 2

Who else wants a personal chef? Here: ME! In fact, about 3 years ago, I was honestly looking into hiring one. And then dh's job, and income, changed so that idea got thrown out the window. I could really benefit from one, though!

I really, really want one.

Actually, I want someone to cook, shop and do light cleaning for me.  I've never figured out how rich I'd need to be to be able to do this (& not feel I was exploiting someone, kwim?) but I really should run the numbers and see so I have a tangible goal. 

• Like 2

Hi Scrap!

Yardwork and household maintenance are one area that I need to focus on. Nothing tricky, I just need to put in more time and work. Ans also budget for these things.

Decision. Hmm. Nothing right now.

Chef. Sometimes. Dinner fairies who make and clean up dinner somtimes, for sure! I do like to cook though, so I wouldn't abdicate my kitchen altogether.

• Like 2

Just decided last weekend to get to bed by 10 so far so good. It helps me wake up and get going!

Big time deciding things. Like the kind I wish I could just see a year in advance and know if I should store stuff or sell it all or....

No cook, but my dh just hired me a monthly cleaning person!!! I can't wait for next week to get here when she will come.

• Like 2

I always have the need to get my act together when it comes to the house.  I'm the worst housekeeper ever.  I did get the bathroom and living room cleaned while the kids and dh were away over the weekend, but my kitchen barely has walking room and the kids rooms need some help.    

I did finally get school squared away so the kids can work even if I'm floundering.

No decision that have an impact.  I have to pick classes and set up the schedule for my next session but there's no real consequences or even a right or wrong way to do it.  I just need to pick and get it done.

I kind of do have a personal chef.  Dh does all the cooking.  He makes breakfast in the morning and leaves it for me (since he leaves for work before I get up), he comes home from work and makes dinner every night.  Does most of the grocery shopping at this point too, although I will go sometimes.  He is a much much better cook than I am so we've had this arrangement since we got married.   It works great because I absolutely hate everything about having to prepare dinner every night - the deciding, the cooking, everything.

• Like 3

I have been getting up "early" this year (7am) because dd has an internship and I get up to make her breakfast. I would never get up this early if there wasn't an outside necessity. ;)  It does get me going, and waking up the rest of the dc to get up and get going on eating and doing school work. 

I'd LOVE a personal chef! 

• Like 1

Had fun discussing and planning a Christmas memory trip with my kids for the past hour. 

Now, I just need to let dh know we've planned a trip to the San Diego Zoo! LOL

I figure if we do one day at the zoo and one day at the beach and one day of hanging out wherever,

we'll have made many memories and it's better than stuff. Actually, the whole reason we spent this time planning,

was based on DD19's request.

• Like 1

Hola, amigas and amigos!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I NEED to get my act together - for the day, the week, the rest of the year.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will actually HAPPEN, however! LOL

How do YOU need to get your act together? Here: I've decided I could probably really benefit by being up, breakfasted (and coffee-d), and dressed by 0900 each morning. That may take a bit of a transition period to actually make it happen, though!

Who's trying to make a decision that they are having difficulty making? Here: me!  :seeya:  Need to decide whether or not to give up on a certain pursuit - the pursuit is not a bad thing but I'm just not sure it's what I personally should be focusing on. Maybe I just need to change focus.

Right now I think I'm making the most of my day. I'm up by seven, and doing school by nine more days than not, and we've been getting done early because of NaNoWriMo being a big deal for all three of us. I could be going to bed a little later rather than earlier. I've been running out of energy around seven lately.

No major decision making here. The biggest decision today was chili or stew for lunch.

I don't want a personal chef, but I'd love a gardener and a housekeeper.

Today I just want to finish up with Latin, get the house swept and try to get in 1500 words before writers' meeting tonight. 

• Like 1

This week isn't the week to do anything, though, I just have to try and endure. (when is it ever really the right time, though, kwim?) 

Funny how things work. Because I wrote this, my DH of course decided at 10am that today was The Day to get our acts together, lol.  We'd been planning to do a "Military Month" with the kids for November, but it was pushed back to start on Veteran's Day, then after Thanksgiving, because we haven't had time to get everything in place for it and plan it out. Well, at 10am (after the oatmeal complaints and dishes disaster), he declared martial law. 

All my little troops are very excited for this (they love theme weeks/months, and our military isn't too brutal), and my house is already looking clean. 

It's taken away from what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing today, but at least SOMETHING is getting done, which is more than I can say usually, lol. 

• Like 2

I need to get my act together for sure. Everything feels chaotic here. I added one more out of the house activity this term - what was I thinking? And yet in some ways we do better with more out the house time. I really just would like some dedicated kid free time when I have enough mental energy to tackle the housework. DH has been away and working weekends a lot which isn't helping. Plus lots of volunteer stuff that came up.

Also my kids are all having attitude today and it's rubbing off on me and now I'm having my own set of attitude problems. I've pulled the plug on screen time for the week for them. I'm a bit tired of asking them to move on to the next activity or tell them something and then hearing "I didn't hear you" because they were too focused on whatever screen based thing they were doing. So we are doing a reset and then returning to strict time limits for a while. I don't homeschool so they can spend hours a day on Minecraft...

i also need to be getting moving earlier again. A big part of that for me is bedtime the night before though. If I'm down by 10 or 10.30 I'm up and going by 7 but any later and I struggle so much.

We have just switched to daylight saving which makes the kids bounce around for longer at night. Ds 5 is often still going at 9.30 - 10 so I find myself staying up to get some mental space and then I'm struggling in the morning and we all sleep longer. It's a vicious cycle. I also need to work on DH respecting bedtime limits. He doesn't see the fallout the next day unfortunately when the kids are up.

Anyway... That got long. I don't have any major decisions coming up thankfully

I'd probably prefer meal delivery to a personal chef because I don't want someone else in my house.

• Like 1