Menu

RSO Biology Level 2 Reviews-For A Science Obsessed Kid

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone review RSO Biology Level 2 for me?    How did you like it?   Was there enough content?   

And can anyone tell me WHY science programs feel the need to include poetry in their books?   :)  (Just kidding about the last question.....but I really wonder this sometimes!)

The Biology program would be mainly for my son who would be using it in 6th grade.   He is my "little professor" child who LOVES science and already knows quite a bit about it.   Right now he says he wants to be a wildlife biologist someday.   :)    So, he is very excited about another year of biology.   

Also, would this course be enough to prepare him to take an AP Biology class once high school comes along?   Or would I need to plan another year of "regular" high school biology while in middle school?   

His younger sister (16 months age difference, 5th grade) would probably be tagging along with us too.   She is not that into science.   However, she is so close in age, that she naturally wants to be included in her brother's science.   Do you think that would be a problem with this course?

We did it in middle school and it was a great course. We couldn't cover it all. But I wouldn't think it would be enough to go straight to AP Biology. We did Oak Meadow Biology in 9th before AP Biology in 11th. AP Biology is intense! My daughter is doing well in the class, but it was definitely a step up. We'll see what happens in May!