Menu

Is anyone up?

retiredHSmom

Thank you. There is nothing about her situation that can be described quickly or easily even why she is still in ICU. And Iï¸ hate typing on a phone and Iï¸ am just so tired. Iï¸ have goid suppirtvand am getting eight hours of sleep split up through the day. But reality is that my husband or Iï¸ are with her at all times . We each put in about 12-16 hoys shifts with her but they overlap so we see each other for several hours a day

The first day she was out all day. The second day she was awake and off sedation and pretty happy. Then she couldn’t be taken off the vent and the third day was frustrating. Now her throat hurts her and the while situation is getting wearing in her and she is just fretful. She is lightly sedated. She sleeps for about three hours and then wakes in pain and we get her pain meds then she needs to have the gunk suctioned out of her vent because it is making her chest feel congested so she feels bad and is just fretful. When the medicine kicks in she is awake and wants to talk with me. She moths out long sentences for me to lip read. Iï¸ am bad at it. Usually she spells words by tracing them into my hand and Iï¸ guess what she is saying. We talk for an hour or so and then she drifts back to sleep and sleeps for three hours before we do it again. She woke up at 3:00 in pain and so Iï¸ am still up

They started feeding her formula for the first time tonight and when she woke at 2300 her blood sugar was high and they had to give her insulin. Iï¸ fell asleep worried. She woke again and 0300 and Iï¸ was just worried. The nurse assured me that the insulin need is probably not permanent. My daughter just looks at me so sadly because her throat hurts and she wants to be at home. It is just hard.

I"m so sorry your DD, you and your DH are having to deal with this! It can be incredibly frustrating trying to communicate with someone on a vent. A small white board and dry erase marker may help with communication. But it's possible whatever she's trying to say won't make much sense due to the medication she's getting.

Hang in there, mama

Edited by Pawz4me

I'm sorry I didn't see your thread last night. I'm so sorry to hear that your dd is in the ICU. I can only assume she was in some kind of terrible accident, but whatever it was, it sounds like it's a very serious situation.

I'll pray for your dd and for your whole family, because you must all be so worried. :(

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

It is going to be another rough night I think. She can’t get comfortable. She finished her bath and I crawled into bed at 9:45. In the last hour she was called for me three times and her heart rate alarm went off on and off of 5 minutes because her heart rate was below 40 bpm. She was crying a few minutes ago. I just want to wave a magic wand and fix it all

I have slept with my shoes on for the last three nights so that I could be with her at a moments notice. I took them off tonight and haven’t been in bed for more than 20 minutes all night. I may leave them on this time

Edited by Tania