Menu

Homeschool Art Studio

We’re using 1st grade. It is fine for what we need, but it is more of a craft project program than a fine arts instruction and appreciation program. There is not a lot of skill instruction or artist appreciation. I like that the kids can see the finished project before they start (without me needing to create one ahead of time). I’m able to help my 4 year old while Ms. Violin instructs the other kids. She is clear and pleasant to listen to. We are able to all work from the same level. My young one gets help with some of the fine motor stuff, and my oldest adds more detail. The kids love it. I will probably not buy it again though. I’d like to start moving more toward skill instruction and artist appreciation for my oldest. If I was just using it with my 6 yo and 4 yo, I would probably do one more year of the HAS craft-style art before moving on.

We did all of them k-3rd. I just recently ordered 4-6th and we are enjoying them as well.

The projects are fairly simple, and it helps us do art without me having to plan. The kids enjoy Ms. V. as well.

I have all the k-3 videos if you are interested in purchasing them. They are just sitting in a drawer gathering dust. PM me if you're interested.

If you don't purchase them used, look at homeschool buyers co-op. They always seem to have a deal on them there.

I bought the K level from HSBC. DS was K/1 when he used it. May have even done some of it in 2nd?

It wasn't a hit with DS, but that's only because he doesn't like to be told what to do, and so has never been into crafts/art projects.

Personally, I enjoyed it. A more crafty kid would probably enjoy it more. DS could do it on his own, as long as I was there to pause it at the right points (and then later, he figured out how to pause it and go back a few seconds himself.) It is expensive, but she is very detailed and the videos are well made. 

Have you tried the sample lessons on their website?