Well nobody called me back "later in the week" so I finally called them on Friday - 10 days later. Of course they took a message and the lady called me back (blocking her number this time lol) and left a voice mail encouraging me to make another appointment to discuss "what I don't understand" about the test.
I almost never complain formally about anything, but I think this calls for some action on my part. Tell me if this is unreasonable:
1) I will not make another appointment nor pay for any more services as I have gotten no satisfaction. Part of me wants to ask for my money back.
2) I want email access so we can stop this annoying phone tag.
3) I want to email the test paper with circles around the clear errors I identified. Then I want them to either find or make the correct test results and email the corrected report to me. I don't need another explanation.
4) I also want a copy of all the psych's handwritten notes, which she promised to give me but never did.
5) I want all of this within a week.
6) If they can't do this then I either want my money back or I want them to do another kind of intelligence test for free (and do it right this time, and have someone other than the current psych do it).