Menu

High school math certification in progress - need more practice

H everyone,

I am new here. I am trying to get certified in high school math. I have the basic textbooks that have been recommended by the institute for this purpose. However, I think I can benefit from more practice and would appreciate any workbook suggestions for this. I do better with paper books than online , especially for practice . Please do advise. Thanks in advance for your help and insight in this regard.

Regards,

Nan.

Welcome! 

Could you clarify what you mean by certified?  Are you seeking a teacher's certification to teach High School level math?  Are you trying for a High School diploma but are missing the math component?  Working to get your GED?  Trying to graduate from a University with some sort of specialized math certification or perhaps just need specific math credits to be accepted?  What institute and what are your areas of study?  In other words "Math" is a rather broad term, to be honest, and "certification" most certainly is.  To be able to help you I think people are going to need more information.

Best wishes

Ah I see you posted a similar question a little over a year ago and included some additional details.  At that time someone suggested you post over on the High School forum.  I can't tell if you were able to do so or not.  I agree, posting over on the High School or college board might net better results for what you are seeking.

Here is a link to your prior post, in case it helps others clarify what you are seeking.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/626334-this-question-is-more-for-me-than-my-kid/

If you are still struggling with certain topics, it would probably help for you to post which topics.  Also, if you could share what material you are currently working with, that would also probably help.  People would then be in a better position to advise you.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Like 1

Ah I see you posted a similar question a little over a year ago and included some additional details.  At that time someone suggested you post over on the High School forum.  I can't tell if you were able to do so or not.  I agree, posting over on the High School or college board might net better results for what you are seeking.

Here is a link to your prior post, in case it helps others clarify what you are seeking.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/626334-this-question-is-more-for-me-than-my-kid/

If you are still struggling with certain topics, it would probably help for you to post which topics.  Also, if you could share what material you are currently working with, that would also probably help.  People would then be in a better position to advise you.

Good luck and best wishes.

Thank you so much! I will post in the high school or college board. I apologize for taking space up here. To answer your question, I need more practice with precalculus, geometry, statistics and probablity.  Thank you once again for taking the time to clarify.

Regards,

Nan

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I will post in the high school or college board. I apologize for taking space up here. To answer your question, I need more practice with precalculus, geometry, statistics and probablity.  Thank you once again for taking the time to clarify.

Regards,

Nan

Oh, it's not that you are not welcome here, it's just that there might be more people who could respond effectively to your specific needs on the High School or college board than on this one.  This board you posted on is usually frequented by parents of children afterschooling, not adults.  

And good luck!  :)

Regards,

Nan

In general good stuff here:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/542418-homeschool-high-school-math/

You can find lots of common core statistics and probability supplements for free

I could find some for you

but specifically for math certification that is probably very state specific