Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

yup. In the boob. 

I have an appointment to see doctor tomorrow afternoon; feel free to remind me odds are it's nothing.....

Update:  Had the diagnostic mammo and u/s today. An hour after I got home I got a phone call from my doctor that they called her & they don't like it; she's arranging to send me for a biopsy. 

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Do you know when your biopsy will be?  Hugs and best wishes being sent your way.  I've been in that position and know how scary it can feel.  You take care.  Sounds like either way, it was caught early and that's great!

No, not yet. My doc put in the requisitions just before dinner time tonight. I hope to find out by the end of this week when it will be. She did say she was reaching out to several different facilities trying to find a place with quick appointment availability. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry about your news, but usually the biopsies are benign, so you still have the odds way on your side. They almost have to biopsy any lump, just to be safe.

Best wishes and hopes

welllllll, I was sort of hoping they'd say cyst....

I didn't ask what the BIRADS score was though but it seems like it's solid. It's super close to the chest wall and I can see how it might have been missed on a mammo.  There was a lot of contorting and pulling and tugging to get that sucker on film.  

• Like 1

I'm sorry.  When I had my biopsy, ice packs were the key to my healing well IMHO.  My radiologist gave me two of these little mini kinds designed to fit in your bra.  I always had one in the freezer and one in my bra, and would rotate them the first few days.  It seemed to help a lot.

• Like 1

I'm sorry.  When I had my biopsy, ice packs were the key to my healing well IMHO.  My radiologist gave me two of these little mini kinds designed to fit in your bra.  I always had one in the freezer and one in my bra, and would rotate them the first few days.  It seemed to help a lot.

oh thank you for that tip! I'll make sure to have some on hand.

• Like 1

Update:  Had the diagnostic mammo and u/s today. An hour after I got home I got a phone call from my doctor that they called her & they don't like it; she's arranging to send me for a biopsy. 

Sending lots of prayers that you will receive effective treatment and will put this behind you quickly.  :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone - so I had the core biopsy yesterday and now we wait for the results. 

Good news is radiologist said lymph nodes are clear 

Not so good news is every single person so far has said - yeah, so you'll be seeing a surgeon. Anything that grows this fast (& isn't a cyst or abscess) is going to have to come out. This sucker went from supposedly 0 (clear June mammo) to >2cm in Nov. 

And for the medically curious folk, the BIRADS score was a 4C "highly suspicious" so yeah, surgery is pretty definitely in the forecast. I've got a referral to an excellent breast surgeon already.   

I did want to update and I so appreciate all the wellwishes and thought & prayers.

I've been doing pretty much ok, just too easily distracted and stress eating all.the.carbs. 

But  I will have to Cold Turkey my laptop out of the site pretty soon because I have to study for my finals (first exam on the 6th).  I'm trying to stay focused on studying.  But I'll check in when I can on one of my other devices during study breaks!

• Like 32