Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

I have been praying for you every morning and night. I wish there was more that I could do!

Thank you for posting the update — I have been wondering how you were doing, but I didn’t want to keep asking because I was thinking that this forum won’t be a good distraction for you if I keep reminding you of the thing you’re probably trying to distract yourself from thinking about!

• Like 1

Prayers for you, hornblower, that you stay strong and positive throughout these next months. You can do it!

Surround yourself with positive people, and don't be afraid to ask for help. That's hard sometimes!

If you have any questions or just want to talk with someone who's been through it, I'm here. I had the same regimen of chemo back in 2015, followed by radiation. I'm doing great today, with my old energy back and clean scans. You will get there, too!!

• Like 6

Praying it all works well so later on you can share your success story with others who find themselves walking the same path.

May your strength and mind stay strong and the side effects be minimal.

And no matter what, know you're loved by all of us here, so are always welcome to share highs and lows, the good, the bad, the ugly.  Venting can definitely help - as can even minor celebrations.  You don't need to keep it all to yourself afraid you're boring anyone. 

:grouphug:

Oh creekland that was nice to hear. I do start to worry I'm becoming the crazy old lady talking about her ailments all the time.  :laugh:    You are all my fantabulous therapists, my prayer warriors (even for this atheist), my smart debaters, my funny distractions and the best online friends I can wish for. 

• Like 22

Oh creekland that was nice to hear. I do start to worry I'm becoming the crazy old lady talking about her ailments all the time.  :laugh:    You are all my fantabulous therapists, my prayer warriors (even for this atheist), my smart debaters, my funny distractions and the best online friends I can wish for. 

Oh, please feel that you can post about whatever you want, whenever you want!  We are all here for you and want to support you through this.   :grouphug:

• Like 5

Thinking of you, a lot.  We have breast cancer in our family...  as in women in every generation, even though there is no known discovered gene yet for our family.  (I've been tested, and so has my mother, who had breast cancer -- twice.)

I know way more positive outcomes than negatives these days, if that's helpful.  My mother had it twice and is now 90.

YOU GOT THIS!!!!!

• Like 6

Hey everyone, had my first chemo infusion yesterday. It wasn't great but I made it through day 1 (mostly by finally taking a drug that knocked me out so I slept through the worst side effects). Today I'm shaky and weak but much better, had my breakfast and walked with the dog for 1 km. 

I have a password protected blog set up to keep some folks in my life updated. I'm going to share the link & password here if anyone is interested in more ramblings from me.  I will come back at some point and delete the link as I don't think I want this super public forever so if you miss it, you can pm me or someone else later for it. 

Thank you for all the good wishes here & by pm. I really do bask in the glow of being loved from all around the world  :wub:

https://nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.com/

password: **** 

(oh I forgot to add - there are no trackers on this site, no statcounter running, & no commenting enabled. I won't know if you read obsessively or never do. I know some people want to know, some don't, some want to for a while and then don't so it's deliberately set so there's no pressure on you to read or comment or anything. ) 

****OK, if you missed the password, please pm me, or if my inbox is full again, any oldie on this thread.  My friends, if the person asking is someone who is obv a member of this community, you may share the password without asking me. Thank you! 

Edited by hornblower
  • Like 27

Thanks for the link.  Chemo is tough, but you have friends.   :grouphug: 

Make sure you have some sort of treat planned for yourself post chemo - not necessarily immediately post chemo as it can take your body some time to feel better, but something planned to thoroughly enjoy yourself (and whoever) once you start feeling better.  It will give your brain something "concrete" to look forward to, so also be sure it can/will happen and isn't a pipe dream if you win the lottery or something.

• Like 3

Thank you for the link Hornblower.  I loved the Wonder Woman Fighting Cancer too.  You are one tough woman.

I also love the name Never Tell Me the Odds.  I have my own "never tell me the odds" battle playing out in my life too, and I remain absolutely determined.   (It doesn't compare to what you're going through.  I just wanted to say that that particular expression has been very, very important to me too.)

I'm praying for you.

• Like 2