What's with the ads?

#1 Shannon in MO

Shannon in MO

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

How does it work where you live? We do this naturally at home, but I wonder if it would fly in my area in an organized way!

#2 Rosie_0801

Rosie_0801

Beekeeping Professor

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29552 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Put it out there and see what happens. :)

#3 Evanthe

Evanthe

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6340 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

And you're in Missouri?  We moved here (TX) from Missouri.  That's probably the best place ever to do something like that.  Tons of parks/outdoor stuff and tons of people who like parks/outdoor stuff.  

Have you done a search to see if there are any Forest Schools in your area?  I did once and was surprised to find one a few miles from our house.  

Did you see this blog?  They have a list.  https://mamookids.co...hools-in-the-us

#4 JuliaGreer

JuliaGreer

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

We are in a wonderful forest school co-op that meets once a week for four hours on wooded land. We do a brief circle time, lesson, and story time during lunch, but otherwise it's free play in the forest. 

It's an amazing program, but I think we may have to leave it because neither my 5-year-old (on the autism spectrum) nor my 4-year-old have gelled with the other children. Actually, my 4-year-old, who normally loves imaginative play, won't play with the other children because a couple of the boys were mean to him several weeks in a row. 

I think we're going to take the plunge and just do our own forest program, if I can find another family or two to join us. Our property is wooded so it's a great spot. 

I'd love to hear more about what kinds of things you're doing with this! 

#5 Mommyof1

Mommyof1

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

I would love to put DD5 in one of those. Nearest one is over an hour away. In heavy traffic.

#6 MarieCurie

MarieCurie

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

I'm hoping to put DS4 into one. There's one near us, but it's expensive.