Menu

Flylady Support Building a Control Journal Step 16, Tue. Oct. 24...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

Welcome to the Build a Control Journal series!

There are 15 steps to build a Control Journal. You may find that you need all 15 steps, you may find that you only need a few, you may find that you need something that is not listed here. The choice is yours and no one is going to grade you on this. So have fun and let’s get to it!

All steps have links if you click on them. 

The steps:

1. Get your supplies.
  2. Do a basic set up.
  3. Write down a bedtime routine
  4. Write down morning and afternoon routines
  5. Add Weekly home blessing hour
  6. Detailed cleaning lists
  7. Pantry list 
  8. Meal plan
  9. Daily routines
  10. Create a master grocery list
  11. Basic weekly plan
  12. Address book
  13. Flylady tools
  14. Monthly dividers
  15. Emergency numbers

Step 16 - Other sections - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/

This is for anything else you find relevant to add. This could be:

When you have gone through these 15 steps, you may want to consider some of the following for your Control Journal:

Spiritual Focus

This is FlyLady’s spiritual focus schedule (she also has a special quote for each day):

• Sunday – Love

• Monday – Order

• Tuesday – Happiness

• Wednesday – Beauty

• Thursday – Abundance

• Friday – Peace

• Saturday – Health

Weekly Schedule

Continue to do dailies everyday on top of weeklies and focus. This is FlyLady’s schedule for the week:

• Sunday – Renew your spirit/Family day

• Monday – Weekly jobs/Zone missions

• Tuesday – Free Day

• Wednesday – Zone missions

• Thursday – Errands/grocery day

• Friday – Paperwork/Misc.

• Saturday – Family day

List of Virtues

You are a special and unique person. Write down what makes you unique. Ask people close to you about what makes you special. This is important. Whenever you feel down, overwhelmed, or like you just can’t do anything right, flip to this list and look over all the wonderful things about you.

Personal Section

This could be a “happiness file†for personal accomplishments, inspirations, compliments, goals and dreams, journal notations, etc. This could list places you want to go, books or music you love, books you want to read, books you want to write. Maybe you want to keep special quotes or articles or pictures that make you laugh. It’s up to you! FlyLady keeps a list of “wants†(stuff you really would like for a gift but you won’t buy for yourself). She told her husband that he had permission to look at that one!

Family and Friends

List ideas for gifts for these special people, their sizes, favorite colors, and what they collect. FlyLady has a section for each family member: in-laws, friends, and SHEs. She also lists correspondence letters or thank you notes that she needs to write. And the most important part: Love letters to her best friend, her dear husband. FlyLady writes them when she feels the need to tell him how much she loves him. Then she puts them on his pillow or in his daytimer.

You may also want to add sections for…

• Other shopping lists – presents to buy, books, garden supplies, special items for the home, etc.

• Special Projects lists – don’t forget to include your monthly goals!

• Calendar

• Professional, member, volunteer, etc. work – things you may be involved in

This is the last day of our Building a Control Journal series.

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Since this is last day of building a control journal is there anything else we should do as part of a series? 

I am trying to do the Holiday Control Journal with Diane in Denmark. We could do something like that. Or we could do something completely different. 

My goals today are phone calls, school for both my children, dinner and finish all my routines (I have been slacking off).  Bonus points for me if I do my home blessing hour! I am well on my way as it is 8:30 and I have my clothes in the dryer for today (I started them in the washer this morning). :D