Menu

Kids Christmas Lists

sangtarah

I need ideas. My kids, besides 3 yr old, both say they don't need anything 

The 3 yr old says Santa is going to bring her an Elsa dress and crown. I found a beautiful Elsa dress up gown at a consignment shop awhile back and put up, and figured I would order a crown from Amazon. And then... a friend from church gave us some boxes of hand me downs which included a gorgeous dress up Elsa gown that she wears now whenever she wants. She is 3 and easy, so I will still give her the dress I got, plus a few little odds and ends I have picked up on sales. 

but for the teens I have no idea and very little budget this year. They have tons of good art supplies. They got restocked for birthdays. They don't need need any specific clothing items. I got them new coats last year that still fit. They have plenty dance gear. One would like some new dance shorts as she wears them often, so that is something small I will pick up. I wouldn't mind some kind of outdoor toy, but they aren't interested in any that I bring up. So I am hoping some teen moms on here post some ideas.  One loves books, but likes to be suprised with something new she hasn't heard of. So I am trying to think of something for her there. My sis wandered into a book store where a new YA author was having a signing and bought that book which is supposed to be the first in a new trilogy and got it signed. So that was good for her.  They don't do a lot of online gaming or anything. They text and snapchat with friends already on our wifi and they don't specifically want money for anything else online.

so watching... 

• Like 1

For your kiddo who likes to be surprised, if she likes books with the knights and chivalrous code, she might like the Moth & Cobweb books by John Wright; they all came out first in Kindle but the first triology (the one that is "Steeped" in the Arthurian mythology -- though note in the whole series that the supernatural is real. Some parts come from Midsummer's Night Dream. But regular humans are being deceived and do not remember the supernatural going on around them -- is now out in hardcover:

https://smile.amazon.com/Green-Knights-Squire-Moth-Cobweb/dp/9527065259/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1508780175&sr=8-7&keywords=moth+and+cobweb The Green Knight's Squire.

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1

Youngest just had his birthday party. (almost a month early, since that is when it worked out best) He got a pillow/teddy he really liked, and a new scooter. Youngest would scooter EVERYWHERE. From little trips such as from the kitchen table to the kitchen counter, to all our outdoor trips, grocery store, library, running club, orthodontist....

We got him a new scooter that is good for tall people. Eldest really likes it, so we will likely have to get him one. We wouldn't make Eldest wait for Christmas. 

So far the list (if I had them tell me one) would include: 

Star Craft Probe Plushie

Not Book List:

- Pillow/teddy thing

- Small Lego Starwars thing

- Black Licorice 

Books:

- Upside Down Magic book 4 (I think it comes out at the end of the month)

- Bastille vs. the Evil Librarians (I'm not sure when this book is expected to be released)

- Diary of a 8-bit warrior book 5 (But only comes out end of May)

- The Devil is a Part Timer book 9 and 10 

- Terraria: Wrath of Cthulhu (and some other Terraria books available on kindle)

- Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace by Darrin Perez

Graphic Novels:

- Amulet book 8 (Last time I checked it wouldn't be available by then. I don't think they even have a date for it yet)

- Some Warrior graphic novels that are library doesn't have. They have been out for awhile, but I'm not willing to buy them

- Olympians book 10: Hermes (The library is getting this book, so unlike most of the rest of this list, the books has already been published)

- Book 4 in the Hilo series. I think it comes out in January

Manga Series: 

- A Certain Scientific Railgun book 12

- A Certain Scientific Accelerator book 6

- One Punch Man book 7

- The Time I Got reincarnated as a Slime book 2

Edited by Julie Smith

Only DD has mentioned anything specific: a hamster and cage for her dolls.  So, not a live hamster!  Just a tiny stuffed one.  I'm good with that.  I should probably go ahead and order it so, it's on hand.

Oh!  She also wants some sort of mail delivery system for her dolls.  I have no idea what she has in mind.  She has decided that one of her dolls is a mail carrier, and rides her scooter around delivering mail, so evidently I'll need to find a doll sized mailbox and some stationery.   :lol:

Our kids only ask Santa for 3 things.  They know they may or may not get all three, and honestly I think they've gotten all three things every year.  They know that Santa will fill in with extras that he chooses just for them.  :)

Other than that, their official letter to Santa, in which they ask for those three things, I just sort of listen to them and try to figure out what they'd like.  So they mostly get surprises.  

• Like 1

Youngest just had his birthday party. (almost a month early, since that is when it worked out best) He got a pillow/teddy he really liked, and a new scooter. Youngest would scooter EVERYWHERE. From little trips such as from the kitchen table to the kitchen counter, to all our outdoor trips, grocery store, library, running club, orthodontist....

We got him a new scooter that is good for tall people. Eldest really likes it, so we will likely have to get him one. We wouldn't make Eldest wait for Christmas. 

So far the list (if I had them tell me one) would include: 

Star Craft Probe Plushie

Not Book List:

- Pillow/teddy thing

- Small Lego Starwars thing

- Black Licorice 

Books:

- Upside Down Magic book 4

Hey! Upside Down Magic book 4 would be on my son's Christmas list too. WE didn't think it would be out until the new year though?

(My daughter wants Dog Man book 4.)

Edited by vonfirmath

Our Christmas budget is extra tight this year, thanks to a 40% increase in property tax, so we are not encouraging list-making.

They will get clothes they need, some books, inexpensive stocking stuffers, and one thing they really want. Toy for ds, not sure for dd. Maybe some riding lessons.

Edited by ScoutTN