Menu

Commiserate with me

MedicMom

I’m having ankle surgery on Monday. The ankle is very badly damaged from a previous sprain and rolls a lot. Well yesterday it rolled again, resulting in another grade 3 sprain and a slight fracture.

My husband is on a 39 hour shift right now. He’s home TueSday day and then goes back in for another 40 hours. So I’m alone with a 7, 5, and 2 year old and can’t walk. Or sleep. Or eat. Between the pain and the pain meds I feel like a zombie. He can’t take off, and in fact is working extra, because we’ve just lost my income indefinitely and can’t quite manage the budget without it.

My mother is trying to be helpful, but she’s mostly just annoying me.

I really just want someone to come bring chocolate and wine.

• Like 2

Chocolate might help. I cannot like your thread, but I hope that the doctors and nurses who take care of you do an outstanding job and that your Ankle will be much much better, after the recovery period.  Just try to do the most important thing(s), on a priority basis. I hope someone can help you during the recovery period.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Oh, I'm sorry and I'm definitely commiserating with you. I'm sitting here in a boot with a sprained/broken ankle and this is the second time for this ankle. The first time I had a baby and preschooler, so I really feel for you being there by yourself with young kids! I hope your surgery goes well and it heals and gets strong quickly!

I really just want someone to come bring chocolate and wine.

Add me to those who wish I lived closer to bring you chocolate & wine... and dinner and a babysitter (myself) and perhaps a nice comedy movie for you to watch.

Glad your guy is there for you after your surgery, but definitely don't worry about how bad the house looks between now and then.  No one cares.  Absolutely no one.  Priorities only and those end with making sure all are fed (anything works) and safe.  Hopefully the kids sleep well.  You too.

:grouphug: