Menu

See anything fun or unusual this week?

MercyA

My formerly Amish MIL had her sibling reunion this weekend. Seven of her eight siblings and most of their spouses are still with us, yay! We had dinner with them tonight. The siblings always sing when they are together again. In Swiss. With yodeling. I wonder what the neighbors would have thought if the windows were open.  :)

What fun or unusual thing did you see this week?

• Like 11

My formerly Amish MIL had her sibling reunion this weekend. Seven of her eight siblings and most of their spouses are still with us, yay! We had dinner with them tonight. The siblings always sing when they are together again. In Swiss. With yodeling. I wonder what the neighbors would have thought if the windows were open.  :)

What fun or unusual thing did you see this week?

I wish I could have heard them! It's been a long time I heard a good yodel.

I attended a murder mystery party. Lots of guests and actors dressed up and having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to go around and solve the murder with a few clues?

I saw a mouse balance on the utility wire. Have seen it before but it is funny every time - to me at least.  :)

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 3

I wish I could have heard them! It's been a long time I heard a good yodel.

Did you have to go around and solve the murder with a few clues?

I saw a mouse balance on the utility wire. Have seen it before but it is funny every time - to me at least. :)

80 people divided up into groups of five. Each group had a couple of clues and money to spend to bribe other groups for their clues. New information was given on occasion by professional actors. My group won with the correct guess and most complete explanation of the motive, means and opportunity.

• Like 6

I saw the most amazing mall ever.

And now that I write that it sounds stupid. :lol:   But you just don't understand.  It's been a long time since we lived near a mall, at least anything substantial.  And this one was the product of a wrong turn, going left off the highway instead of right.  It was massive!  And instead of department stores cluttering up most of the real estate, there were a TON of different activities:

laser tag

go carts

bounce house

trampoline bounce

kids open play

and so on and so on.  They looked like they had taken over the larger store blocks.  All run by different companies, and there were still stores mixed in.  Winter gets wicked cold here so we grabbed a bunch of brochures for ideas of things to do in December and January. 

• Like 2

Um, there was a mouse in my office.....does that count?

In fact, I set a trap Fri and am terrified to go in there today.  I am sure it will stink.

ETA;  yup, it was dead this am, but no stinking.  It had eating over half the PB on the trap and died next to the trap with mouse blood on the floor, so I think it snapped the trap and wasn't quite dead and wriggled out of the trap and died next to it.  I had one of the male teachers clean it up.  How wimpy am I?

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 2

We flew around a quarter of the planet including Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, a bit of Europe, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, and down into familiar (but not always seen from the skies) territory of my upbringing.  It was a LOT of fun - esp the parts I hadn't seen yet.  

We didn't hear yodeling though.  Should have opened the windows over the mountains I guess.   :lol:

• Like 5

Oh, I haven't been there in years! They're always a bit more aggressive by the end of the summer. How were they? Hope they didn't steal your food. :laugh:

They weren't aggressive at all. One time they ran past the campsite. Other than that we only saw them near the road. We were on the ocean side and found out later that they prefer the bay side except in summer.

• Like 2

I saw the most amazing mall ever.

And now that I write that it sounds stupid. :lol:   But you just don't understand.  It's been a long time since we lived near a mall, at least anything substantial.  And this one was the product of a wrong turn, going left off the highway instead of right.  It was massive!  And instead of department stores cluttering up most of the real estate, there were a TON of different activities:

laser tag

go carts

bounce house

trampoline bounce

kids open play

and so on and so on.  They looked like they had taken over the larger store blocks.  All run by different companies, and there were still stores mixed in.  Winter gets wicked cold here so we grabbed a bunch of brochures for ideas of things to do in December and January. 

I would LOVE it if there were something like that around here for the winter. Sounds awesome! 

We went to a concert of sorts this weekend; our boys follow some YouTube stars who are currently on tour promoting their new book, and we managed to get tickets to a not-too-far away venue (they didn't come to our town). 

It was the wackiest, funniest, most enjoyable thing we've been to in a very long time. Part monologue/story telling, part singing, fully hilarious, and just a good time all around. 

(it was Rhett & Link's Tour of Mythicality, for anyone who's going to ask me what it was....)

• Like 3

My dd and I had a great time at the Huntsville L.I.T. block party/festival. 22730537_10214739064740711_1499498288810 There were very cool light displays, djs, fire juggler, commmunity board games, etc, etc.

Also went to Astronomy Day, A Halloween based Dysautonomia Fundraiser benefit at a local cool brewery in an old school, a Huntsville Symphony Orchestra the night before, and went to see Blade Runner 2049 with dh yesterday afternoon.

• Like 3