Menu

Earned it!!!

chiguirre

Aw man! We don't have cable, but we saw the first few innings while out at dinner (at a ramen restaurant, of all places :lol:). I was hoping that the Yanks would make it through, but it started going downhill for them just as we were leaving, I think. And then I got busy here and forgot to check back on the score. 

Thanks for the update, anyway! I'm glad you're happy with the result :D

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I watched on ESPN HD, except for approximately 20 minutes, around 818 P.M., E.S.T. (CDT) when we lost all TV from the satellite. No idea what caused that.  That was before the T-Storm. Then, I came in here and tried to get Free Streaming. One  site said we are not in their service area. Another site wanted Credit Card Data and I was afraid I would forget to cancel and they would start billing us every month for something we wouldn't use.  Fortunately, my wife left the TV on and the signal came back and I returned to her and the TV.

Astros did a great job in the stadium of their rivals.  Dodgers had the advantage and didn't run with it.

Astros will receive a TX size welcome when they return to Houston.  

Seeing Sandy Koufax on the field before the game brought back memories...

P.S.

Did notice that 2 of the Astros players last night are Venezuelans.

Edited by Lanny

Yes they are!!! Jose Altuve and Marwin Gonzalez! If Altuve wins the MVP award for the AL the whole country will be cheering and Venezuela needs some good news even more than Houston!

Amen to Venezuela needing some good news.  Carlos Correa is from Puerto Rico and he proposed marriage, while being interviewed by Fox Sports, after the game ended. Very nice.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/02/astros-star-carlos-correa-proposes-to-girlfriend-moments-after-world-series-win.html

I didn't know a thing about either team before the World Series.  I just picked the Rasros because it is fun to say...and because Robin in TX (any old-timers here?) is a fan and a friend.  I had a BLAST watching the series "with" her via Messenger.  It was just so much fun.  And I really came to love those guys, and now they are my team.  I have adopted Altuve (told my son he has a brother now) and think the world of their team-y-ness and the way they work together and genuinely seem to LIKE each other.  

That was just a blast, and there will be another game like the 5th