Menu

Bullet Journal Peeps

Slache

Those are the type of bullet journals I like to drool over, but ... for me ... if I tried to make mine as awesome ... would backfire because my perfectionist tendency would emerge. That one is as pretty as a nice planner, the kind I abandon using if I make a mistake in pen or can't erase a pencil marking well enough! LOL 

I've been having insomnia the past week and am running out of things to read online. Tonight I'm going to spend time on Pinterest looking at people's bullet journals.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 1

That journal looks cool, but if I spent that much time keeping that detailed a journal to track of every single aspect of my family's lives, I wouldn't have time to actually live my life.

And I can't help but feel sorry for that woman's poor little girl. Everything about her life appears to be documented and scheduled in that stupid journal.

I think some spontaneity has its merits. The journal may initially look like an interesting design, but the content kind of horrifies me. I could never be that tightly scheduled, and I wouldn't want to be.

• Like 1

Everything about her life appears to be documented and scheduled in that stupid journal.

Perhaps. I write down perfection so I have something to reference as a spring board for the day. It doesn't happen that way but I sure look organized (and boring!) on paper.

• Like 1

I used to create elaborate monthly and weekly spreads, but I didn't have time for it. I've returned to Ryder Carroll original monthly format except it takes up two pages and I have columns for each member of the family so I can see our monthly commitments at a glance. I don't put in times; I have google calendar for that. I also have a big master list of monthly to-dos as migrating all the daily tasks was exhausting. Almost every day, I review my schedule and write down tasks that need to be done that day. I'll sometimes include a brief written entry at the end of the day. I've been using the system for 3+ years now, only using a journal and a pen. It's also handy for scribbling when your toddler's getting restless.

• Like 3

I don't tend to use weekly spreads like I used to, but it's still my catch-all for everything I want to remember. I find myself referencing my old bujos all the time for recipes, school plans/ideas, etc. I'm on my 3rd one now and plan to keep on going. I love browsing beautiful pictures of fancy bujos but mine is a plain old comp notebook with just plain old ballpoint pen. It works and I love it. <3

• Like 2

I really appreciate the BuJo style. Mine is a *mess* to anyone else in the world but it is so helpful to me!

I just follow the original, original instructions.

I don't even do that. Sometimes I make schmancy weekly layouts and I have a visual time mapping system I pull out when we need to change our schedule around but the ability to put whatever I want wherever I want and just toss it in the index is *invaluable*.
  • Like 2

That journal looks cool, but if I spent that much time keeping that detailed a journal to track of every single aspect of my family's lives, I wouldn't have time to actually live my life.

And I can't help but feel sorry for that woman's poor little girl. Everything about her life appears to be documented and scheduled in that stupid journal.

I think some spontaneity has its merits. The journal may initially look like an interesting design, but the content kind of horrifies me. I could never be that tightly scheduled, and I wouldn't want to be.

Shortly after I had my daughter I met a fellow mom who had her and the kids' entire day scheduled out in 15 minute increments.  Wow! It was kind of freaky to me.   I had "morning plans" and "afternoon plans" and sometimes wondered if I was too structured!

• Like 3

I don't bullet journal, but I recently bought one of those diskbound notebooks and I'm having an amazing time with it. I'm using it part as a planner, part as a notetaker, part as a record keeper. So fun!

Did you get one of the hole punches so you can make your own pages for the diskbound notebooks? Those are fun!

• Like 1

Did you get one of the hole punches so you can make your own pages for the diskbound notebooks? Those are fun!

I did! It's awesome because then you can design your own pages or on Etsy there are a zillion different downloads to pick from.  Then you just holepunch and put it in there.   :001_tt1:  Yeah, I get excited over paper goods...

Edited by goldberry
  • Like 1

I did! It's awesome because then you can design your own pages or on Etsy there are a zillion different downloads to pick from. Then you just holepunch and put it in there. :001_tt1: Yeah, I get excited over paper goods...

I do, too! Just give me a handful of coupons from Michael's, JoAnn, and Hobby Lobby, and I'm a happy woman!

I have been known to drag ds and dh along with me purely for coupon purposes when I want expensive stuff. I pick what I want, hand them each a coupon and say, "Go pay for this." They think I'm insane but they humor me. They keep telling me to just pay full price so they can stay home, but then I say we'll go out for lunch afterward and they cave every time. :laugh:

I'm so weird. I don't even use coupons in the grocery store, but for some reason I am physically incapable or buying things at a craft store without a coupon.