Menu

IEW question

wehave8

I think it would help if you defined "all the way".  IEW has a lot of pieces to their overall writing process.  Are you talking about just the primary writing program, Teaching Writing Structure and Style/Student Writing Intensive  (IEW TWSS/SWI)?   TWSS plus the continuation course (SICC)?  or do you mean also using a significant number of the components that are also offered...

Speech Boot Camp

Elegant Essay

Teaching the Classics

Windows to the World

The Advanced Communication series

A Guide to Writing Your Novel

Fix-It Grammar (all 6 levels) 

Advanced Spelling and Vocabulary

Excellence in Literature

Grammar of Poetry

High School Essay Intensive

Writing Research Papers:  The Essential Tools

and so on...

How to Write a Story

Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization 

• Like 1

I think it would help if you defined "all the way".  IEW has a lot of pieces to their overall writing process.  Are you talking about just the primary writing program, Teaching Writing Structure and Style/Student Writing Intensive  (IEW TWSS/SWI)?   TWSS plus the continuation course (SICC)?  or do you mean also using a significant number of the components that are also offered...

Speech Boot Camp

Elegant Essay

Teaching the Classics

Windows to the World

The Advanced Communication series

A Guide to Writing Your Novel

Fix-It Grammar (all 6 levels) 

Advanced Spelling and Vocabulary

Excellence in Literature

Grammar of Poetry

High School Essay Intensive

Writing Research Papers:  The Essential Tools

and so on...

How to Write a Story

Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization 

I meant...  "just the primary writing program, Teaching Writing Structure and Style/Student Writing Intensive  (IEW TWSS/SWI)."   And maybe...  "the continuation course (SICC)."

Not  ALL of the IEW as a company (with all of their Lit. and Grammar, etc.), but as a Writing Program, as quoted above.

ETA:  And just Andrew Pudewa materials.  I have not read good reports about some of the others, such as Elegant Essay.

I don't know why I thought everyone could read my mind.  :)

Pam

Edited by wehave8

The only thing I really think that needs to be focused on in greater detail is research papers.  We did use IEW's Research Paper program and that has worked really well.

I do have to say that I loved the Elegant Essay too but it really needs to be done after the student has a strong handle on the IEW process to be really successful.

• Like 1

IEW is very weak with Invention. IEW is great about teaching how to rewrite someone else’s thoughts; however, it doesn’t systematically teach the thinking and prewriting activities.

Thanks

I'll keep this in mind.

Pam