Menu

It's FRIDAY! Teachers Lounge 10-20-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Thank God it's Friday! Or do Fridays stress you out? 

Today's theme brought to you by the obvious but also to point out that it's not always the start of a restful two-day respite

for some people. It's usually not for me and yet that is self-scheduled. My weekends tend to get fuller than my weeks sometimes!

What's on your schedule for today? Here: lollygagging until about 8am, when I'm scheduled to watch a webinar. Then after that get dressed really quick

and head out on an errand or two, followed by coffee with a new friend, at a new Dutch Bros! After that, coming home to take son to drama class and 

possibly help dd with any homework guidance she needs. And tonight is a writers group meeting focused on NaNoWriMo prep & survival!

What are you up to this weekend? Here: Tomorrow morning I get to go on the Crime Lab tour!  :hurray:  Then I may be going to a marching band competition for a bit

followed by a NaNoWriMo kickoff party! FULL day! Sunday is church, after which I'm hoping to drop the kids off at a friend's house and then take hubby to an RV show. Come Monday, I might just sleep! LOL

What's for breakfast today? I need ideas!  :laugh:

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 3

They used to.

What's on your schedule for today?

School, editing, planning for NaNo, some cleaning.

What are you up to this weekend? Work, editing, planning for NaNo, some cleaning.

What's for breakfast today?  I had a GF chicken strip and tea.

Talk to me!  :bigear:

I didn't get into the writing contest, so it looks like I get to charge the agents all by my lonesome. But I got a ton of editing done, and learned a lot from the experience. 

Now I get to finish draft eight, set it aside and focus on NaNoWriMo for a bit.

• Like 3

Friday's aren't stressful at all around here.  They tend to be light school days (in case something didn't get done earlier in the week), I don't teach any classes, dh usually gets off work early.  Pretty chill.

What's on your schedule for today? As little as possible.  This was an overwhelming week so I want to just veg out and relax.  I planned to sleep in pretty late but my phone rang at 8:45am and woke me up.  The doctor's office was calling to confirm an appointment I don't remember making.  It was weird because they seemed to be fully aware I might not know about it.  They called yesterday and today to confirm (I was planning to call back today) and didn't seem at all surprised that I didn't have any record of it.  It's a 3 month follow-up appointment.  When I was at the original appointment they told me they couldn't schedule the follow-up yet and to call to make the appointment.  I never called.  I really don't see the need for a follow-up.  The main issue I had was anemia, we've already checked that again and I had an ablation so it's not getting worse.   I don't feel like I need an appointment to discuss that I'm still obese but I'm doing more exercise, that I'm less anemic but keep taking iron.  I couldn't go when they had it scheduled anyway since I'm teaching a class at that time. 

What are you up to this weekend?  Our Fall bulbs came in the mail so I guess I'll do some planting.   I'm teaching my 4th-5th grade Sunday School class for the last time and have to come up with a plan for that.  I move to the 6th-8th grade class in November.  I have to put together my lessons for next week's science classes, maybe test out some experiments to make sure they work.   I'm going to try and drag my butt to kick-boxing tomorrow morning so it won't be so long between classes and maybe I won't feel like I'm dying on Tuesdays.

What's for breakfast today? Dh didn't make me oatmeal with fruit compote today, so I had two whole grain mini bagels with butter, and my tea.   We have a ton of different breads around the house because I did a World Communion Day lesson at Sunday School and brought breads from around the world.  We found the countries on a map and did a prayer from each place.

• Like 2

Didn't eat breakfast.

We have farm chores this afternoon and throughout the weekend, plus school work, plus working in father figure's old business to get it ready for auction..which we have been working on since August...he left us with a real disaster there. 

Ideally the stupid lawn needs to be mowed, but so does MIL and mom's too. I don't see how we are going to fit in three lawn mowings on top of all the other work.

I will be glad when that auction is done, and the doors are permanently locked, keys handed over to the bank or the new owner. Just ready to be done.

• Like 3

I love Fridays! 

Ds has his tutorial which means I have a morning free! Ds is a challenging kid and we need a bit of a break from each other. Friday is so much less intense than other school days. Sometimes I am home with Dd, but often she enjoys being home by herself and I take the opportunity to have coffee with a friend or run errands or take a walk. Dd is diligent and does her school work whether I am there or not. It is nice to have time to discuss her reading and schoolwork without Ds around. 

Today is mostly over now. Regular Friday stuff here. Dd is spending the night at my mom's. Ds is visiting a neighbor across the street. Dh is mowing. I am about to go make dinner. But my recliner is so comfy. I need the dinner fairies who come to make the nice dinner I planned and shopped for! I really just want a glass of wine and a nap and a book! 

This weekend: chores, farmers' market, meet with psychologist for results of Ds' evaluation, watch football, church on Sunday, play outside. Lovely and ordinary. We have been camping the last two weekends, so nice to be home and catch up on some things.

• Like 1

Every other Friday is the homeschool co-op, so it can stress me in that it's more to do and busy. Today was co-op day and the local homeschool skating event. Tonight is getting ready for an event tomorrow. 

Tomorrow morning I'm helping my SS class have breakfast for ladies at a local women's ministry. It's a year long residential program for women struggling with addiction and other issues. Tomorrow ds has a service project most of the day, and his ministry group has a cookout/bonfire tomorrow night. Dh and I will probably go out to eat while he is at that. 

Today was scrambled eggs, so nothing inspiring. 

• Like 1

Evening!

Today's schedule didn't really happen as planned.  Dh got a call from work asking if he could fill in, so we cut our outing early and he went to bed while I finished the errands - mainly, getting DS7's Halloween costume.  He's at an odd size, too big for the 5/6 and too small for the 8/10.  The first costume we bought was HUGE.  He finally found something he liked, thankfully.  Took 5 stores and a few hours drive.

This weekend we had planned to go to Sleepy Hollow, but.....dh is working.  Next year!  It's been there for 300 years, it will wait one more. :)

I cannot remember breakfast.  I do know it was light.  But dinner tonight was fantastic.  I made coconut rice, fried plantains, cucumber salad, and a Caribbean chicken in almost a curry sauce.  Even the 7yo licked his plate clean!

• Like 1