Menu

The Where's the Coffee? Teachers Lounge 10-19-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all!

I woke up about a half hour earlier than I wanted to because my cat was meowing at me! I needed to get up anyway but I never wake up well to an alarm - furry

or otherwise! So I'm still a bit groggy even though it's been about an hour already and I've been sipping on my cuppa for the day.

Coffee anyone? Or tea? Here: coffee first, most mornings. "But first, coffee!" or "First I drink the coffee, then I do the things."  :D

Schedule today? Here: getting my butt in gear to do some writing prep this morning, so I'll be prepared for NaNoWriMo come November. Schooling with the kids. Then possibly the Bible Journaling Road, a ladies Bible study , utilizing Bible journaling. And maybe a short nap. Also have to take kids to taekwondo tonight.

What's for breakfast? Here: we have the option of leftover lasagna, leftover stuffed acorn squash, or just the sausage mixture I used to stuff the squash, or Hot Pockets. You might have to fight my kids for the Hot Pockets, though!  :smash:

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 4

I overslept a bit this morning, so I'm dragging. Had some coffee, didn't help.

We have ds last soccer game tonight. Woot! The whole family is so over soccer. :laugh:

Breakfast. I had toast wit peanut butter. The kids had toast, eggs and strawberries. I would have loved some leftover lasagna.

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 4

Good morning, all!

I woke up about a half hour earlier than I wanted to because my cat was meowing at me! I needed to get up anyway but I never wake up well to an alarm - furry

or otherwise! So I'm still a bit groggy even though it's been about an hour already and I've been sipping on my cuppa for the day.

Coffee anyone? Or tea? Here: coffee first, most mornings. "But first, coffee!" or "First I drink the coffee, then I do the things."  :D

Schedule today? Here: getting my butt in gear to do some writing prep this morning, so I'll be prepared for NaNoWriMo come November. Schooling with the kids. Then possibly the Bible Journaling Road, a ladies Bible study , utilizing Bible journaling. And maybe a short nap. Also have to take kids to taekwondo tonight.

What's for breakfast? Here: we have the option of leftover lasagna, leftover stuffed acorn squash, or just the sausage mixture I used to stuff the squash, or Hot Pockets. You might have to fight my kids for the Hot Pockets, though!  :smash:

Tea. A few cups.

Schedule: A little school, art, lunch, more school, library, housekeeping, a little cooking, editing, editing, editing.

Breakfast: probably a couple of cheese sticks.

Today I'm trying to get as much done on my eighth draft as I can, and will probably tackle a rewrite of the short synopsis today and the long synopsis tomorrow. After that I need to type up the probable synopsis for my NaNo project this year. I don't do outlines, but a proposed synopsis is about as close to pre-planning scenes and plot as I get. I have a couple of characters I want to work up in the next week or two as well.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I usually drink coffee first, then tea through the rest of the day.  Warmth is good. :)  Though I have a new half gallon of cider just waiting for mulling spices so...who knows?

Today is a bright, though crisp, sunny fall day, so we're taking the opportunity to do yard work.  I'll clean the gutters while dh mulches the leaves and ds picks up sticks.  Then we have a Halloween costume to exchange (it was too big) and I'll do lesson set up for the coming week. 

Breakfast was a hodgepodge here.  I had a bagel, dh had leftover biscuits and gravy from brunch yesterday, and the little one had oatmeal.  All happy with their choices.  Tomorrow is french toast day, thanks to a day old loaf I got at the store yesterday.  We'll have that, bacon, and melon as a late breakfast before we go do our activities.

• Like 4

Good morning, all!

Coffee.  Always coffee.  I have to stop drinking it by 3, and as bedtime approaches I get excited because it means there will be coffee when I wake up.

Today:  The usual (an hour on the treadmill, Bible study, getting dh out the door), but also taking ds11 and ds13 to their co-op, dropping ds18 at Starbucks on the way for a meeting with his mentor (and picking him up an hour after I get home, so he can take me home and use the van for his CC classes), taking ds17 to his football practice and picking up ds11 and ds13, probably taking ds18 to his climbing team practice, picking up ds17, and picking up ds18 from practice.  In between all that, I need to clean the rabbit's cage and organize her supplies, vacuum, check all of ds11 & ds13's work for the week, call my Mom, send a couple of instant messages, vacuum, make dinner, and bake some mini bundt cakes.  Ds15 has had the stomach bug this week that we all had last week, so if he's up to working, I'll need to get him some assignments.

I had a toasted cheese bagel and a bit of an egg/hashbrown/bacon casserole from earlier in the week (which I just finished, so I better skadoodle).  And coffee ;).

• Like 3

We ran out of coffee grounds, and were so busy yesterday that this fact was overlooked by the three adults living in this house. College boy adult is now sick. So I have a caffeine headache, he is sick, and there is a full day of work and scholarship applications to be done today with the senior.

You can imagine the general MOOD of the house, can't ya!

• Like 3

Coffee or Tea: I don't drink either.  Though I am thinking about drinking some root beer lol

Schedule: I'm watching two girls this afternoon.  I have to get Cameron to work at 3:30.  Ani is at PT and works tonight.

Breakfast: I'm having Fritos.  Fritz had a potato.  Adrian had strawberry milk.  Not sure about the other two.

• Like 3

I enjoyed my first cup of coffee this morning sitting next to my 8 year old with his cup of coffee(he reuses my kcup for a milder coffee and loads it with milk and sugar.) At first I was against this but it really helps him focus better. So on a bad day he gets a cup of coffee.

Today I've got 2 of my nieces over for the day because my brother had to go back to work and my sil is still recovering from her csection. This means the kids will all be distracted so I'll be able to get a lot of cleaning and writing done! Tonight I have my study group!

For breakfast I made scrambled eggs with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and spinach

• Like 2

Got my writing prep done. Oi, that took a lot of brain power! Now, 'surfing the 'net' for a mental break before I tackle other responsibilities.

DS has had TWO Hot Pockets and ONE piece of leftover lasagna for breakfast. DD has had two Hot Pockets. I had some cheese (extra sharp cheddar REAL cheese)

and crackers (gluten-free and corn-free). And coffee, still working on it. May need some more!

Thinking the only formal lessons I'll do with the kids is Greek and then give them the option of the rest of the day off or 

independent studies.

Now, I should go get dress for the day!

• Like 3

Coffee followed by rootbeer.

I'm just glad to be back in PA. Today, folding laundry. Hubby is breaking down boxes. Maintenance came in and painted the bathroom ceiling. The teen girls went to do their laundry. Books are being temporarily moved to the basement. Tomorrow, I go get new glasses ordered (mine are horribly scratched and wonky, thanks to a fridge door falling on me the other month and my work refusing to pay for new ones). Things are coming together.

• Like 2

If I drank coffee, I'd want tons of coffee today.  I'm making due with tea.

I've had to get up super early to drive dh to work the past three days because his truck is in the shop (leaking steering fluid).   Last night I took Advil PM to make sure I could sleep right away instead of being up half the night.  Dd called at 11:30 pm to get talked through how to jump start a car since her car wouldn't start.  Told her, reminded her she had AAA, then couldn't sleep right away because i was waiting to see if she'd need a ride from the car shop to home, if she had to call AAA.

Today I taught the first day of two of my science classes - Junior Scientists for K-2, and CSI for 4-8th.   Both went really well.  Only one kid in Jr. but she was really into and I had my youngest sit in the class so at least she wouldn't be alone.  CSI is the one class I may make a little money off of (not really but it will cover the rent).  Those kids were really into it too.   But I'm exhausted.  I spent about 3 1/2 hours on my feet non-stop, plus had to haul all the stuff for the classes up a flight of stairs, then back down again when we were done.  

I have to leave soon to pick up dh from work, then the kids and I have TKD/Kick-boxing.  I do NOT feel like Kb'ing today but I'll drag my butt there.

• Like 2

I drink water first thing, usually a couple small cups. Then I have coffee, 2 smaller cups. I drink water or unsweetened almond milk the rest of the day. Sometimes I have a cup of hot tea or decaf as a relaxing treat. 

Today was a field trip to a historic site about an hour from here. They have a lot of the original buildings, and the family still lives in the last home built on the site. The rest of the day is getting ready for co-op tomorrow, dinner, and taking ds to swim. 

I was getting our lunches packed for the field trip, so ds made himself a bowl of cereal. I left the house realizing I didn't eat anything. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon!

Coffee or tea - depends on my mood, the weather, what I have. Today, coffee. Cream, no sugar.

Breakfast was oatmeal for dh and kids. I wasn't hungry this morning. 

Today we did some school, then took a meal to a friend with a new baby and a newly rescued Great Dane. Big fun all around. Home now, just chillin. Dinner is made, laundry running, windows open. Time for a cup of herbal tea. Wish I had some shortbread or a cookie to go with it. 

• Like 2

There is not enough coffee in the world to keep me going today! But my downstairs is clean at least! Now I'm spent. Dinner will be done in a few minutes. Then I've got about an hour before 4 more nice and nephew come over and my aunt comes to watch all 9 kids, while I go enjoy my study group

• Like 1

Coffee is right next to me where it belongs. I'm loving this concept of coffee and books which I just came across from a homeschool blogger. Just start the day whenever you get going with a stack of books and a coffee. I'm finally getting through the library backlog and I'm always slow first thing anyway. So yay... We are getting books read and I'm getting my morning wake up time...

• Like 1

Coffee is right next to me where it belongs. I'm loving this concept of coffee and books which I just came across from a homeschool blogger. Just start the day whenever you get going with a stack of books and a coffee. I'm finally getting through the library backlog and I'm always slow first thing anyway. So yay... We are getting books read and I'm getting my morning wake up time...

To the bolded, I LOVE it! I think I'd rather do that then coffee and opening the Lounge. Sorry, peeps, but reading appeals to me more than

the computer. Don't worry, I'll still open the Lounge - just might have my cuppa and a good read FIRST.  ;)

We are done with schooling for the day. We did Greek as the LAST lesson of the day, instead of the first. I'm glad I had the lesson already planned or I 

probably would have scrapped it today. Tomorrow not much schooling will get done because I have a few errands to run in the morning, and ds has theater in 

the afternoon, and I have a writers meeting tomorrow night. Whew!