Menu

Any NaNoWriMo writers this November

Nemom

I'm in again for another round. I seldom finish a first draft, though. Typically I'm well over 100K before I've got my first draft done. But it's an excellent way to develop the daily habit of writing.

Wow.  I'm impressed and feeling a little lame for thinking 50,000 was  a lot.   :blushing:

• Like 2

Wow.  I'm impressed and feeling a little lame for thinking 50,000 was  a lot.   :blushing:

50K is a lot. More than enough for a month. And you won't have quite the editing mess I end up with when I'm done with one of my "epics".  :laugh:

I'm currently pushing through the seventh revision on the book I'm planning to query this winter. Will be using NaNoWriMo as a good distraction from that stress.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

I participated for the last ten years and won each year. It's fun, but this year, I'm in the midst of my senior year of college, leading two on campus groups, and applying to graduate schools, and attending a conference in November where I'll be gone for several days. Reluctantly, I'm not fully participating. 

I did just get an assignment to write a short story for a class, so I'll be writing something on a smaller scale. 

I love the rush of Nano, it's great to work through challenges of writing on a regular basis. I have several complete rough drafts from my years participating. Some of worthy of further editing, which I hope to do at some point in my life. 

I highly recommend finding a local group or an active online group to participate. 

• Like 2

I'm in! I've done it a few times before, and won twice, although it's been a few years. Like a PP said, this is a great way to get into a daily writing habit. 

This year I'm planning on it being pure ridiculous fun: ridiculous characters and liberal use of the "dare" boards on the NaNo forum. I need some happiness and light and silliness in my life these days, so I'm going to make some!

• Like 2

I'm in! I've done it a few times before, and won twice, although it's been a few years. Like a PP said, this is a great way to get into a daily writing habit. 

This year I'm planning on it being pure ridiculous fun: ridiculous characters and liberal use of the "dare" boards on the NaNo forum. I need some happiness and light and silliness in my life these days, so I'm going to make some!

hmm...explain please

hmm...explain please

Dares are (usually silly) suggestions of things to happen in your novel.There are various "dare" threads that pop up on the NaNo forums, some within genre boards, and the big main one in the Reaching 50,000! board. Great for getting past writer's block :)

I just found out today that the Young Writers NaNo dashboard has a dare generator on it, so I might get DS to generate some for me. 

(A google search will also come up with lots of results for "writing dares," including this blog which has pages and pages of dares from past NaNos.)

Edited by Sammish
  • Like 2