Menu

which halloween cereal?

Elizabeth86

We saw the halloween cereal and realized our kids hhad never tried it. Poor sugar deprived kids :lol: So are you team Boo Berry, Franken Berry, Count Chocula or do never eat sugar cereal?

Dh and I like Boo Berry (hey, we apparently do agree on something) but the boys wanted Franken berry. I don't care for chocolate cereal at all. I would have made a poll, but I didn't know how.

None. While I could eat chocolate cereal all.day.long, all three of those have marshmallow bits. Can't stand those! I guess I could pick them out, though. So, Count Chocula.

That reminds me that when I was a kid I was at someone's house and ate all the marshmallow bits out of their lucky charms.

• Like 4

Count Chocula.  Unless the cereals have changed since I last ate them in the late 1970s.  

Does anyone else here remember the character-shaped pencil-top erasers that came in the boxes in 1974-75?  I had Boo Berry.  A girl in my class stole it from my desk.  She claimed it was hers.  I was really miffed, but she lied well, and the teacher didn't believe me.  After a month I finally saw my opportunity and took it back when the girl was out of the room one day.  She'd chewed on the arms and worn down the top of his head by using it.  My poor Boo Berry!   It was several years before the girl finally admitted what she'd done and apologized for taking it.

• Like 4

Count Chocula. Unless the cereals have changed since I last ate them in the late 1970s.

Does anyone else here remember the character-shaped pencil-top erasers that came in the boxes in 1974-75? I had Boo Berry. A girl in my class stole it from my desk. She claimed it was hers. I was really miffed, but she lied well, and the teacher didn't believe me. After a month I finally saw my opportunity and took it back when the girl was out of the room one day. She'd chewed on the arms and worn down the top of his head by using it. My poor Boo Berry! It was several years before the girl finally admitted what she'd done and apologized for taking it.

It's funny how you can remember stuff like that, huh?

That reminds me that when I was a kid I was at someone's house and ate all the marshmallow bits out of their lucky charms.

I would have been furious!

Lucky Charms were my favorite sugary cereal, and we didn't have it very often. But everybody knows that the ONLY way you're allowed to eat just the marshmallows is if you've earned it by eating all the plain pieces from your bowl first.

That. Is. The. Only. Way.

I'm not sure our (hypothetical) friendship would have survived such a move.

• Like 2

I would have been furious!

Lucky Charms were my favorite sugary cereal, and we didn't have it very often. But everybody knows that the ONLY way you're allowed to eat just the marshmallows is if you've earned it by eating all the plain pieces from your bowl first.

That. Is. The. Only. Way.

I'm not sure our (hypothetical) friendship would have survived such a move.

Lol I know, I totally agree with you, it was an awful thing for me to do lol. It's one of those things I look back on and feel bad about :).

• Like 2

In the interest of cultural literacy, we tried one box of each sugary cereal at Wal-Mart over a series of weeks/months. The kids really didn't like most of them. They found cinnamon toast crunch tolerable, and dd liked frosted mini wheats. Ds likes honey nut cheerios. The adults like lucky charms. After trying a bowl, the chickens got the rest of the box because no one would eat them - including the Halloween varieties. We are back to veggie omelets and whole wheat toast with homemade jam.

Edited by Amy in NH
  • Like 2

Count Chocula. Unless the cereals have changed since I last ate them in the late 1970s.

Does anyone else here remember the character-shaped pencil-top erasers that came in the boxes in 1974-75? I had Boo Berry. A girl in my class stole it from my desk. She claimed it was hers. I was really miffed, but she lied well, and the teacher didn't believe me. After a month I finally saw my opportunity and took it back when the girl was out of the room one day. She'd chewed on the arms and worn down the top of his head by using it. My poor Boo Berry! It was several years before the girl finally admitted what she'd done and apologized for taking it.

Yes! We had a BooBerry one too.

Someone stole my Odie pencil topper from my desk, and I was angry and sad. I don’t think I ever got it back.

Count Chocula.

Boo Berry and Frankenberry are gross to me.  Just why?  Chocolate or what is the point.

Meanwhile, I haven't had any of these since I was a child and my precious snowflakes have never had them in our house.

Edited by kewb
  • Like 1