Menu

How to pay mortgage with a Credit Card

solascriptura

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use my Credit card to pay my mortgage. I would love to accumulate cc points this way since it is such a large expense. Anyone have luck doing this??

I was told it was not allowed. Pity because you are correct, it is a big expense and would result in a lot of point/rewards.

Edited by Χά�ων
  • Like 1

From Bankrate http://www.bankrate.com/mortgages/pay-a-mortgage-with-a-credit-card/

“A few mortgage companies still allow homeowners to make payments with credit cards, so check on whether yours is. If so, ask what fees are being charged. Specifically, look for “convenience fees†tacked on to the transaction.

If you are determined to use a credit card to make a mortgage payment but your credit card company’s fees are too high to make it money smart, you can turn to a third-party servicer that will accept credit card payments and, in turn, pay your mortgage. Services like Tio charge a fee of 2 percent to 3 percent, depending on the size of your mortgage.“

• Like 1

It's usually not allowed. I have seen systems where people can pay their rent with a cc, but not mortgage. Our county allows credit cards for property taxes but adds the fee so one has to decide how badly they need/want the points.

Edited by idnib