Menu

25 yo man interested in 15 year old girl.

Scarlett

No there is no chance. He has been in this small town his entire life except for 3 years volunteer work in another state. We know many people who were there with him and he came home right on schedule. I would not say he 'likes them young'. Never saw any indication of hat at all until now.

None of that means anything. It’s absoutely still possible.

• Like 2

Yep. She packed her daughter up tonight and left town. The level of insanity would be comical if her poor dd didn't have to suffer. She turns 18 in a few months. Less than 3.

Have you ever considered moving far away from these people?

I'm sure they used to seem fairly normal, but now you're finding out a lot of things you probably wish you never knew!

• Like 1

Left town??? Like on a weekend getaway, or forever???

No, not a weekend get a way. The mother has flipped her lid and jerked her daughter out of town because suddenly the big crisis in life is two almost 18 year old kids who are friends and who text a lot and spend time together as friends with friends. And the trigger seems to be my posting that article.

• Like 1

Honestly, it sounds like the man's mother is the problem. You said that she took the girl on a family holiday and that the girl was spending a lot of time with her. THAT is the relationship I would nix first.

Well, the problem is both sets of parents are in collusion. Someone posted in defense of that...,..but I would definitely not be encouraging this relationship. But whatever.

No, not a weekend get a way. The mother has flipped her lid and jerked her daughter out of town because suddenly the big crisis in life is two almost 18 year old kids who are friends and who text a lot and spend time together as friends with friends. And the trigger seems to be my posting that article.

She’s modeling what the 15 year old’s family should have done. (Provided that talking to her and other milder things didn’t work first. )

• Like 2

She’s modeling what the 15 year old’s family should have done. (Provided that talking to her and other milder things didn’t work first. )

I guess. I don't see my son and this friend as a crisis. They are friends. Maybe they like each other. Maybe it will develope to a point of a relationship. I don't know. But I do know you can't control almost 18 year olds.

I guess. I don't see my son and this friend as a crisis. They are friends. Maybe they like each other. Maybe it will develope to a point of a relationship. I don't know. But I do know you can't control almost 18 year olds.

I don’t see them as a problem either. My dry sense of humor didn’t come across on the internet.

• Like 3

I don’t see them as a problem either. My dry sense of humor didn’t come across on the internet.

Oh ok. Sorry, my mind is so blown today I can't even form a coherent thought.

At this point I pray my son doesn't want to be with this girl because she comes from crazy,

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

And I thought the parents of the 15 & 25 year olds were crazy. That is an entirely new level of looney.

Any Boy Scouts around selling popcorn? I'd buy a big bucket and settle in to watch this drama unfold :rolleyes:

• Like 4

:rolleyes:

And I thought the parents of the 15 & 25 year olds were crazy. That is an entirely new level of looney.

Any Boy Scouts around selling popcorn? I'd buy a big bucket and settle in to watch this drama unfold :rolleyes:

I know right? If only that poor girl wasn't in the middle of it.

• Like 3

Well sure. I guess. But there really aren't any secrets here....... But nothing and I mean nothing in my knowledge of him or his family leads me to even think that is possible.

I understand you don't think it possible.

I'm just saying, making people think they'd never do such a thing is a perv speciality.

I understand you don't think it possible.

I'm just saying, making people think they'd never do such a thing is a perv speciality.

It isn't cause I don't think it is possible. You have no idea how many people I have run through the registry.

Edited by A Red Color

These people are just stupid and selfish. If I knew my GROWN child was in love with another GROWN person, sure I’d love to see their wedding day before I die, but that’s not really up to me. If hey haven’t even met someone appropriate yet, then there’s nothing for me to see yet. The point of seeing the wedding is seeing them in love with what I hope will be a forever long term healthy sacred relationship.

Ugh. It’s not like the guy has to beget an heir pronto from a wealthy bride to save the family estate from ruin. Good grief.

If you're a control freak parent, you aren't thinking what's best for them. You're thinking what's right for YOU.

• Like 2

I'm not sure you need to be in contact with this mother of your son's friend. Did you have a pre-existing relationship with her that you would like to see restored? What are your motives for continuing to receive and respond to her texts? Are you trying to help? Feeling defensive?

What might it look like for you to begin a more dismissive and semi-formal type of texting style that discourages her from keeping you updated on her drama?

• Like 1

His dad is not well. And he is an only child. And his mom wants him married off before the dad dies. That is my theory.

And married off to a child, so that the mom can move in with the couple and continue running her son's life, is my guess.

Eta: and maybe help take care of the grandparents as they age

Edited by Sandwalker
  • Like 1

I'm not sure you need to be in contact with this mother of your son's friend. Did you have a pre-existing relationship with her that you would like to see restored? What are your motives for continuing to receive and respond to her texts? Are you trying to help? Feeling defensive?

What might it look like for you to begin a more dismissive and semi-formal type of texting style that discourages her from keeping you updated on her drama?

I do have a relationship with her. I want to keep the peace.

• Like 1

I do have a relationship with her. I want to keep the peace.

Ok, that makes sense. Given the situation, I'm the kind of person who might impulsively text a conversation just because I had something relevant to say. If you are like me that way, it might help to remind yourself of the goal you actually hold (to keep the peace) rather than saying all the things that you might otherwise say.
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for validating that it is a weird deal.  The only thing I can figure is that both sets of parents and the 25 yo are deluding themselves into thinking she is more mature than she is because she is smart and well spoken and comes off as mature.  

I think the bolded is the key here.  It makes me wonder WHY they are deluding themselves.  You have to work up a justification for something like this.  She is a child.  Any rational adult would be concerned for the mental and physical welfare of this child.  We're supposed to protect children, especially our own children.  Aren't we? 

• Like 5

I think the bolded is the key here. It makes me wonder WHY they are deluding themselves. You have to work up a justification for something like this. She is a child. Any rational adult would be concerned for the mental and physical welfare of this child. We're supposed to protect children, especially our own children. Aren't we?

Yes, and the guy may be 25, but his parents should still be looking out for his best interests, too, and I can't imagine how they could think a romantic involvement with a 15yo child could possibly be a good thing for him (and it sounds like she was 14 when they started encouraging this attraction, which is even worse.)

The whole situation is creepy. Both families sound insane.

• Like 4

Yes, and the guy may be 25, but his parents should still be looking out for his best interests, too, and I can't imagine how they could think a romantic involvement with a 15yo child could possibly be a good thing for him (and it sounds like she was 14 when they started encouraging this attraction, which is even worse.)

The whole situation is creepy. Both families sound insane.

I think his parents are looking out for their own short-term interests.   e.g. get him married before his father dies.   get him married to someone who lives there so he won't move away from mom.  

I don't want to sound brutal - but THESE are the kind of parents that kids do better if they move far far away.

• Like 1