What's with the ads?

Photo
- - - - -

25 yo man interested in 15 year old girl.

455 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#451 Katy

Katy

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6716 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

:lurk5: :lurk5: :lurk5:

#452 bolt.

bolt.

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

I do have a relationship with her. I want to keep the peace.

Ok, that makes sense. Given the situation, I'm the kind of person who might impulsively text a conversation just because I had something relevant to say. If you are like me that way, it might help to remind yourself of the goal you actually hold (to keep the peace) rather than saying all the things that you might otherwise say.
  • maize likes this

#453 Scarlett

Scarlett

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19983 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Oh I was VERY precise and concise in my answer.

#454 Audrey

Audrey

Member since the old, old boards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11831 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Thanks everyone for validating that it is a weird deal.  The only thing I can figure is that both sets of parents and the 25 yo are deluding themselves into thinking she is more mature than she is because she is smart and well spoken and comes off as mature.  

I think the bolded is the key here.  It makes me wonder WHY they are deluding themselves.  You have to work up a justification for something like this.  She is a child.  Any rational adult would be concerned for the mental and physical welfare of this child.  We're supposed to protect children, especially our own children.  Aren't we? 

• Catwoman, FaithManor, freesia and 2 others like this

#455 Catwoman

Catwoman

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29620 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

I think the bolded is the key here. It makes me wonder WHY they are deluding themselves. You have to work up a justification for something like this. She is a child. Any rational adult would be concerned for the mental and physical welfare of this child. We're supposed to protect children, especially our own children. Aren't we?

Yes, and the guy may be 25, but his parents should still be looking out for his best interests, too, and I can't imagine how they could think a romantic involvement with a 15yo child could possibly be a good thing for him (and it sounds like she was 14 when they started encouraging this attraction, which is even worse.)

The whole situation is creepy. Both families sound insane.
  • Audrey, FaithManor, gardenmom5 and 1 other like this

#456 gardenmom5

gardenmom5

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19853 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Yes, and the guy may be 25, but his parents should still be looking out for his best interests, too, and I can't imagine how they could think a romantic involvement with a 15yo child could possibly be a good thing for him (and it sounds like she was 14 when they started encouraging this attraction, which is even worse.)

The whole situation is creepy. Both families sound insane.

I think his parents are looking out for their own short-term interests.   e.g. get him married before his father dies.   get him married to someone who lives there so he won't move away from mom.  

I don't want to sound brutal - but THESE are the kind of parents that kids do better if they move far far away.

• Iron Jenny Flint and Rebel Yell like this