Menu

What writing do you add to CLE Language Arts?

mamakelly

We switched over to CLE Language Arts last week. It's been a great fit for my almost 10 year old 4th grader. I think he needs more writing though. I'm not a fan of WWE. Any other suggestions for a not heavy writing supplement to do with CLE? I was thinking maybe Daily 6 Trait Writing...not sure. 

DS did CLE3 and Writing Tales1 at the same time. It was a good an excellent fit.

Right now he's doing CAP Chreia and Fixit Grammar.... In January he'll be adding in CLE4 (eta maybe 5)* to those. He's doing one research paper (three paragraphs) every 4 weeks. When we add CLE back in he will stop those.

If you aren't going the progym route, 6-trait is a good choice.

What I like about CAP in particular is that it's JUST writing, not grammar.

*or Our Mother Tongue, I'm undecided but the point is I know CLE will work very well with Chreia

Edited by OKBud

We've loved pairing CLE LA with CAP'S Writing & Rhetoric. My kids look forward to, and enjoy the writing lessons a lot. We tend to skip the penmanship, and writing in the lightunits, and focus on the writing in W&R.

This year we're mixing it up a bit and doing IEW SWI alongside CLE LA, and it's going well, too. Next year, we'll return to W&R, as we love it so much. I think with writing it's nice to incorporate different methods and programs for different seasons. Both have worked well alongside CLE. Best wishes! ;)