Menu

Update in thread- No! Lands end changed the star fish pants

Hilltopmom

I think the style is the same, but the sizing is definitely different.

I’ve been getting them in XL for years and this time they are pretty skin tight in the waist and rear area before even washing and drying😭

Sending them back for a plus size to try that fit.

No, I haven’t gained weight and the last pair I ordered last winter I compared to the new ones, the waist is at least 1-2 inches bigger on the older pair ( not stretched out, got them at end of last winter).

If the plus ones are too big I’m going to be very very sad. I planned on them in every color for my new job. Sob.

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 1

:grouphug:

U.S.. sizing is so crazy. We lived in Germany for 4 years, European sizing is much better. Once you figure out your size, you are a 42 in France, Germany, Denmark, wherever. Any store, any country, the same size will fit you. I most often shopped in France because they are shorter, plus they had the cutest stuff. And, this was before the Euro and the exchange rates for France were quite good for the dollar at the time.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 1

I think the style is the same, but the sizing is definitely different.

I’ve been getting them in XL for years and this time they are pretty skin tight in the waist and rear area before even washing and drying😭

Sending them back for a plus size to try that fit.

No, I haven’t gained weight and the last pair I ordered last winter I compared to the new ones, the waist is at least 1-2 inches bigger on the older pair ( not stretched out, got them at end of last winter).

If the plus ones are too big I’m going to be very very sad. I planned on them in every color for my new job. Sob.

Nooooooo!!!! Why do they do this? I absolutely adore my Starfish pants, and they're what I spend most of my time in. I wear the XL too. Will you post an update when you try the new size? My two oldest pairs are just about worn through, and I was just thinking I'm going to need some new ones. I knew Lands End would do this--they somehow manage to ruin all their reliable items eventually. I really thought they'd start cheaping out on the fabric first though. 

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops

Nooooooo!!!! Why do they do this? I absolutely adore my Starfish pants, and they're what I spend most of my time in. I wear the XL too. Will you post an update when you try the new size? My two oldest pairs are just about worn through, and I was just thinking I'm going to need some new ones. I knew Lands End would do this--they somehow manage to ruin all their reliable items eventually. I really thought they'd start cheaping out on the fabric first though.

I’ll let you know.

My second best pant is the everyday sweat from llbean, but it’s not as nice looking with the pockets and drawstring. Plus they’re $50 only come in a couple of colors and the starfish with a sale are $27

• Like 1

I'm sorry!

They changed my cardigans I've been wearing for years. I'm so bummed and have been having difficulty finding a suitable replacement that doesn't contain nylon or acrylic. They went to cheaper sewing methods, so in the catalog they look the same but they are not at all.

• Like 1

They should not be allowed to do that!    

I had some drawstring shorts from them that were so awesome my husband and I had a fight over them once.   The knit fabric was sturdy.   Length just right, short without being too short.   Enough flare to be very size forgiving, plus the drawstring so they always fit perfectly, even DH.   

They radically changed them.   *bah*

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here’s the outcome-

The new xl are much smaller than the original.

The 1x seem to be the same size as the xl but shorter ( why oh why do clothing designers think all plus size women are short????)

The new 2x fits like the old xl but a tad bigger in the hips and waist band. I’m keeping the 2x.

• Like 2

The size change happens with other brands, too. I've bought the same t-shirt for years, but this year it was tight. I thought I'd gained weight, but then I compared it to one I already owned. Sure enough, the new one was two or three inches narrower than the old one marked as the same size. I had to buy the next size larger, which kind of ticked me off. I thought we were supposed to be enjoying vanity sizing, not reverting to the sizing from the 80s!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have never owned a pair, but after reading about them here I decided to try them. I have recently lost 90 pounds and have been looking for something a little more flattering to wear with my tunics when I leave the house. I take a yoga class every week just before my weight loss support group, so I want to look a little pulled together, but need to be able to do yoga.

These pants are amazing!!!

I am wearing 0x or 1 x in my other pants, but I ordered a 2x based on the discussion here. Hate the number but the fit is great. They are too long, but I can fix that. Looking forward to this weekend when I will at a scrapbooking retreat and feeling comfy in my new wardrobe!

• Like 4

Ok here’s the outcome-

The new xl are much smaller than the original.

The 1x seem to be the same size as the xl but shorter ( why oh why do clothing designers think all plus size women are short????)

The new 2x fits like the old xl but a tad bigger in the hips and waist band. I’m keeping the 2x.

Thanks for the update :( That's super frustrating. I did actually buy a pair of the ones I like (the capris), and while I did notice the fit was a smidge tighter, I mainly noticed that the fabric is not the same, like I feared. It's thinner and stiffer, not as thick and plush and cottony as it used to be. Even DH, who never notices this stuff, could see the differences immediately when I put them on. I pretty much live in my current ones, so he had a good basis for comparison :lol: It really might be worth going to Ebay to see if I can find another pair or two of the old style.