What's with the ads?

#1 Shelly in VA

Shelly in VA

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Has anyone used the Schmoop European History course? Trying to cover that with 11th grade dd, and we are floundering a bit from a lack of structure. I'm considering moving to this, but we haven't used any Schmoop courses before. Also, do I need to have both a teacher and a student account, or could I just subscribe to the teacher option and let dd work through that?

Thank you!

#2 FriedClams

FriedClams

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5167 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

We used Schmoop for some test prep....my student hated it. Lots of flash, not enough content. I had to consider it a loss (we were going to use it for my other kid but the back of content was troubling). I'd definitely recommend going through any samples.
  • learners4life likes this

#3 Shelly in VA

Shelly in VA

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

We used Schmoop for some test prep....my student hated it. Lots of flash, not enough content. I had to consider it a loss (we were going to use it for my other kid but the back of content was troubling). I'd definitely recommend going through any samples.

Thank you! Helpful input. My dd disliked even the brief how-our-courses-work video, so this is not looking like the right choice for us at this point!

#4 learners4life

learners4life

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

We looked at Schmoop, briefly, for AP European History supplementation.  It was so dumbed down, as your kids have already figured out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schmoop, european history