What's with the ads?

Photo

Geometry: An Integrated Approach (reviews? syllabus?)

No replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Lucy the Valiant

Lucy the Valiant

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1768 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

(Apologies if this has already been answered - I tried, unsuccessfully, to search before asking.)

Does anyone have a review of Geometry: An Integrated Approach, by Larson, Boswell, and Stiff? We are starting it for the 1st time (1 mom, 2 students) next week, and I am looking for a syllabus, if there is one available. 1995 edition. I do have the "suggested pacing chart" from the front of the book and will use that if I need to, but figured I'd ask here. 

Students have done SM 1-6, Dolciani Pre-Algebra, and finishing Dolciani Algebra this week. It has always worked for me to learn alongside them, usually a week or two ahead in the lessons, though this book will likely be the last year I do that with them. 

Also, for transcript purposes - we did all the C problems in Dolciani Algebra, and a local mathematician (and experienced home school mom) told me that that means I should list it as "Honors Algebra" on the transcript. 

Is there a similar track / path for this Heath Geometry? 

I *think* this is the book that Chalkdust used to use? So if I get myself stuck, I can purchase Chalkdust DVD's if I need to? 

Mostly, I want someone to come hold my hand, I guess. :)