What's with the ads?

#1 Ausmumof3

Ausmumof3

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4836 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:45 AM

Is there no home instructors guide for this level? I can't find one.

Also where do you go after Singapore? Grade 6 is the last grade right? Do I need to do anything extra to prepare to transition to a different program.

#2 Monica_in_Switzerland

Monica_in_Switzerland

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4268 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

Correct, there is no HIG.  You can order just the answers in booklet form from Singapore math's website or also form Rainbow Resource.  

SM now has a level 7 and 8 if you want to continue with SM.  

We switched to Art of Problem Solving and are enjoying it.  

• Ausmumof3 likes this

#3 BBRANDONSmom1

BBRANDONSmom1

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

On Singapore website they have both HIG 6a&b and teacher guide 6a&b, I didn't look at the difference, the teacher guide is more expensive though. I have 6a&b HIG, and think I referred to it once for clarification.

I am using math mammoth grade seven pre algebra this year for my 12 year old, along with Life of Fred. If he breezes through MM then we will move onto algebra.
  • mama25angels and Ausmumof3 like this

#4 Ausmumof3

Ausmumof3

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4836 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

On Singapore website they have both HIG 6a&b and teacher guide 6a&b, I didn't look at the difference, the teacher guide is more expensive though. I have 6a&b HIG, and think I referred to it once for clarification.

I am using math mammoth grade seven pre algebra this year for my 12 year old, along with Life of Fred. If he breezes through MM then we will move onto algebra.

Do you mind me asking whether you have US or standards edition? I found a hig for US but not standards. Was the transition to math mammoth relatively painless? I have a kid that gets easily overwhelmed with math so I want to get this right.