Menu

Megawords TG necessary?

Bokons

Yes, an ondreeuh says, several of the exercises in each unit have the teacher dictate a list of specific syllables to the student. The teacher guide also contains all the answers to all of the exercises, which makes grading a snap.

On the other hand, I discovered you *can* manage without it if you have to. The first year we used Megawords, I somehow forgot I had the teacher guide, and when we came to those exercises requiring me to dictate the list of syllables, in advance of dictating the syllables, I had to take about 10 minutes for each exercise to go back and figure out exactly which syllables were going to be needed. Grading also took more time. About 2 months into the school year, I stumbled over the teacher guide and it was amazing how much less time Spelling took from me.  :rolleyes:

So it *can* be done with the teacher guide -- it just ends up taking more time and energy. 

You might also look around and see if anyone is selling the teacher guides used for your edition at a cheaper price than new. I gave mine away to my homeschool group to help out others.

Edited by Lori D.