Menu

Flylady control journal step 5, Monday October 9...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/659360-flylady-baby-step-31-sunday-october-1/

Welcome to the Build a Control Journal series!

There are 15 steps to build a Control Journal. You may find that you need all 15 steps, you may find that you only need a few, you may find that you need something that is not listed here. The choice is yours and no one is going to grade you on this. So have fun and let’s get to it!

The steps:

1. Get your supplies.
  2. Do a basic set up.
  3. Write down a bedtime routine
  4. Write down morning and afternoon routines

Step 5: Add Weekly home blessing hour - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/step-5/

They suggest that it be 10 minutes of each of these:

1. Vacuum

2. Dust

3. Mop

4. Polish mirrors and doors

5. Purge magazines

6. Change Sheets

7. Empty all trash

I don’t know how big their house is, but 10 minutes per floor would be realistic for vacuuming around here. I also don’t change sheets every week. I don’t see the need. So I do that every other week. I don’t get magazines. DH deals with all the trash. In other words, do what is best for you in your house.

They also suggest that you do this on Mondays. I personally, prefer this on Sunday. That way DH can help and we can stop the bomb going off behind me as I clean one item… we all have kids, I am sure you know what I mean!

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 2

Sorry for another late posting. Saturday I woke up with such a sore throat that I immediately went back to the doctor. Turns out I had strep though it didn't show up on Friday. So I nursed myself to health and here I am. DH is away on a business trip starting today (ending Thursday). I am not flying again yet, and I can't tell you how it stinks when you see things you should do, but know you don't have the energy for it. Amoxicillian is doing wonders though. I feel a bit better with every pill. Makes me wonder if people died from strep throat in the past. However I hope that translates to me starting to fly tomorrow. 

Sorry for the life story, but I thought everyone deserved a reason for why I was away. 

• Like 1

Sorry for another late posting. Saturday I woke up with such a sore throat that I immediately went back to the doctor. Turns out I had strep though it didn't show up on Friday. So I nursed myself to health and here I am. DH is away on a business trip starting today (ending Thursday). I am not flying again yet, and I can't tell you how it stinks when you see things you should do, but know you don't have the energy for it. Amoxicillian is doing wonders though. I feel a bit better with every pill. Makes me wonder if people died from strep throat in the past. However I hope that translates to me starting to fly tomorrow. 

Sorry for the life story, but I thought everyone deserved a reason for why I was away. 

I was wondering if you were feeling worse. Glad to hear you're on the path to wellness! I hope you continue to rest as often as possible. (Which I know may not be nearly as often as you'd like.)

I don’t know how big their house is, but 10 minutes per floor would be realistic for vacuuming around here.

10 minutes is unrealistic here too. 

ETA: I realized I misread what you wrote! Maybe I should actually time myself. It seems like it takes forever...

Edited by Woodland Mist Academy

Thanks for all the good vibes! I know we all have days like this. :) Just can't fall completely off the wagon, just repair the wheel and move forward!

Well I got bed made, dressed to shoes (had to go out today), a load of laundry done (really needed to do 2 but hey I only missed 2 days of that!), sink is shining, dishwasher is loaded and going. Over all not bad considering I have a post nasal drip right now that sends me into coughing fits every so often. Oh and I made dinner... no take out here or frozen dinner... which is odd since I do freezer cooking. I think I have enough left overs to get us through the next 2 maybe even 3 nights so that is good! Now if I could just figure out how to get the recycling to take itself out on Wednesday night... let me know if you have that figured out. ;)

Oh and I watched some Diane in Denmark videos today. She was showing decluttering of her kitchen. That kitchen is AMAZING! My toe kick has nothing in it but dog hair and dust! I would love to have a shelf there! And under my sink is a cabinet that even if I had bleach and Mr. Clean himself, I wouldn't be able to get clean. I think it is original to this house and this house was built in 1950... we think. We plan on taking out the sink cabinet but I know our best will not look that amazing!

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 2